Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Goooood Morning from Utah

Reaction score
Just a brief intro. I'm in Utah and a senior citizen ;). Been doing RC since about '86 and have managed to crash/trash about every imaginable type of RC aircraft. I mostly do fixed wing and have totally given up on helis but have always loved drones. I recently traded into a Typhoon H, nicely equipped. I flew it for the first time yesterday, after what I thought was careful calibration of compass, gimbal, and accelerometer. It flies great other than it's got a very annoying "twitch" when you initiate a control movement, and it's not cooperative at all in "smart" mode. I'm heading for our local field shortly and plan on another complete calibration sequence devoid of nearby metal buildings and overhead lines. Any other suggestions? So, I'll likely pester the crap out of everybody 'till I develop some confidence with this thing, so please bear with me.

Actually I do not really understand the explanation of your problem. Have you already noticed the slider on the back? It is marked with a turtle and a rabbit and controls the agility of the Typhoon H. If it is in the rabbit position the movements sometimes are a little harsh. I do also recommand to put it in the turtle position during landing since it tends to overreact when touching the ground. My Typhoon H already flippped twice wheen I forgot to do this. Usually it does not do any harm but it is obviously not good.

For me personally the rabbit mode is better to control the aircraft. Turtle is only for slow camera movements from my p.o.v.

Smart mode is not that smart as it is called. At least it may be dangerous due to smart circle and/or bad accuracy of the controller's GPS. If the bird is new, please let it time to get accurate GPS signals, especially for the ST16. Usually, the GPS fix of the copter is earlier than the one from the ST16. You can arm and start but in smart mode you will get unexpected behaviour if GPS accuracy of the controller is still bad. And hey, we all want to see something on screen of the ST16 and we will possibly cover the GPS antenna with our body more that we think.

And yes, the harsh movement of the copter around the zero point of the sticks is annoying. Try a little bit expo for Ail (J4) and Ele (J3) in Channel settings to make it smoother.
Don't forget to create and bind a new model if you want to change Channel settings.

br HE

Do not fly in SMART MODE!
Have you read the parameters you need to stay in or out of the invisible field??

Last edited:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
0ROJYyg.png

Hello again and thanks for the warm welcome and very informative replies! I've just returned from our local flying field where I had an opportunity to familiarize a little more with the H. I'm personally not that fond of the "smart" mode on this particular multi-rotor and have been flying it in he center position, "angle", I think? Anyway much more enjoyable to fly in that mode for me. The
The "twitch" I was referring to is probably more of a "lurch" just off center of the stick movement. As h-elsner said. I've also found that If I bump up the response closer to the rabbit, the issue is somewhat diminished or at least it's not so noticed.
All in all, having a great time with this thing and the guys at the field love the retractable landing gear. Thanks again for your advice and input!

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Welcome to the forums. Angle mode is the manual mode, you are flying strictly stick and it's much more fun. Wheels up and put George to sleep, you won't ever need him. Crew duty is determined by battery time and coffee is your friend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis