Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS format

On which aircraft and to what format?

I believe GPS data is only displayed in the digital degrees format on all Yuneec aircraft. If it can be changed it would appear in the General Settings on the ST16S. It is not shown as an option in the User Manual, but may have been added in a firmware/software update at some point.

Thanx for your help. I have looked also and can’t find a way. I can convert it if I need to. My search team uses UTM I have to convert

If you input the decimal degrees into Google Map app on your smart phone it will do the conversion for you. Here is an example:
IMG_2081.png
I input the decimal degree coordinates and the dddmmss format is displayed on the map at the pin position.

If you input the decimal degrees into Google Map app on your smart phone it will do the conversion for you. Here is an example:

I input the decimal degree coordinates and the dddmmss format is displayed on the map at the pin position.
Wow. The fuzzy head got me again. It took me awhile to notice you have to add the parenthesis in the search bar. But then you can text the whole thing from the same screen to others that need to see it. They can then zoom out and also get a general visual of the location, just as if they had input the coordinates on their own phone.
Doom, does this feature work if there is no cell coverage in the area? I have no idea which smartphones might have independent GPS capabilities or even if the maps are actually stored on the phone vs. downloaded from the towers as needed.

The maps on mine are downloaded as you move around in the map. You need cellular or WiFi connection to update map info.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook