Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Great Drone, terrible controls

Reaction score
The Breeze is an excellent, easy to control drone that is a wonderful flier. The controls are the worst of all the 12 drones I own. It is a real pain to have to deal with two connections to connect the controller. These connections fail on a regular basis leaving the flyer to try and reboot all of the controls on a screen that he cannot see in sunlight before disaster happens. Talk about panic! Absurd.

I have had a number of crashes before I have been able to reconnect. One of the crashes caused the leg with the antenna to come off requiring a trip to Yuneec. I enjoyed flying the drone enough that I bought a backup. Now I have two. Unfortunately, when I walk out to my shop, with all my drones, I look at the Breeze and ask myself if I want to take the risk of another disconnect and loss of control with the Breeze as opposed to risk free flying with any of my other drones. What would you chose?

My cheap Parrot drones use a similar controller that links within seconds of startup with no issues or disconnects. The range is just as good.

Why can't Yuneec achieve the same controller quality on a $500 drone/controller that Parrot can with a $100 drone and controller?

Yuneec needs to fire the current controller developer and hire the guy at Parrot to clean this mess up.

Wouldn't it be great to walk up to a site, turn on the Breeze and controller, have them self connect without any effort on the flyer's part within a minute and then fly repeatedly without any dropped connections? Parrot can do it: why not Yuneec?

I think the designer of the Yuneec/Breeze controller system was probably the owner's middle school child.

Reactions: Lazytech
I hear ya... I am having the same problem. I bought this drone when it first came out and paid $500. I hated the phone controller. I was ready to sell it when I heard about controller so I spent another $89. dollars for the controller with shipping. After spending $589. I have to keep on rebooting to try to get it to connect. I have many other drones and never had this problem. Yuneec needs to fix this and fast.

Reactions: Lazytech
Strange. I don't have the issues described by you guys.
Might be difference in phone being used? I'm using a Sony Xperia Z5 compact with Android 7.

Reactions: Ybnormal85
I wrote in another similar thread, I have the controller and works flawlessly with iPhone 7.
The controller connect with Bluetooth once turned on. I can see it in devices.
Once I activate FPV mode the controller vibrates - the app connects to it.
And it works as it should.
What does not work in your case? Does the controller connect to the phone each time? Do you see it in devices?
If yes, then it means that App does not connect. Is there any pattern in the behavior? Like the App connects only after the reboot.

The most common cause seems to be incoming calls on my Galaxy 4 causes the app and connection to drop. It also drops for no apparent reason.

Since October, my Breeze was flying perfect using only my iPhone 6 as the sole controller. The stick controller option worked fine UNTIL! Crashed it and returned to Yuneec Kansas City who promptly fixed it and returned it. Really like the idea of the stick controller and am not ready to condemn the controller yet. Personally, I think interference from another cell phone in close proximity did me in. Next time I will shut of the (Settings, Wifi, 'Ask to join networks setting'), as well as making sure to be in the airplane mode. I think any other phone or gadget operating on 5.2 can mess it up if it's in close proximity. Also question the reliability of the link to the iPhone and stick controller. Using the iPhone 6 to control is for me until confidence improves for the stick option. Still a great little bird!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval