Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Great First flights....BUT Problems, not good

Reaction score
Well I finally got my first flight in, actually two, and was thoroughly impressed with the Yuneec Q500 4K.
However on the second flight the camera lost connection but didn’t recover, it tried a couple times but then
started rolling around out of control. While it was out of control the camera would go up against its own limits
and vibrate uncontrollably I the removed the camera from the drone and the three gold prongs on the bottom
that make contact with the camera, one of the prongs was bent up and over making contact with the one next
to it, I took my fingernail and pried it back a little but it is damaged beyond repair. I’ll call Customer Service
and see what they want me to do. I can’t even imagine how that got bent up as there is only one way to
correctly put it on.
Like I said was most impressed with the first flights and handling, had a DJI Phantom two years, still do, and
got to wonder if I got a lemon with this one.
Alan

it tried a couple times but then
started rolling around out of control. While it was out of control the camera would go up against its own limits
and vibrate uncontrollably

Hi, this could be a problem, when you do not follow this:

"Place the TYPHOON on a level and stable surface then slide the
power switch to the ‘ON’ position. DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE THE
TYPHOON UNTIL THE INITIALIZATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE."

Then it is possible, the camera is not adjusted at its best.

Thank you for the input, I made four flights with no problems until the last when the camera lost connection so I landed and checked
all connections and waited for the ST10+ information and take off again that’s when I noticed the camera acting erratically prior to take
off I noticed the camera trying so rotate around and up and down, I shut down and removed the camera and saw one of the gold prongs
was damaged, That is what I don’t understand. Thanks again Alan

You have two different problems actually. The camera rolling has nothing to do with it losing video and not reconnecting to the transmitter. I've lost feed less than 600ft away and had to bring is back, shut down, restart to get it to reconnect. Its ridiculous. Since finding out its limitations on things, I haven't been very happy. I don't trust it over water since I never know when I'll loss signal...

You have two different problems actually. The camera rolling has nothing to do with it losing video and not reconnecting to the transmitter. I've lost feed less than 600ft away and had to bring is back, shut down, restart to get it to reconnect. Its ridiculous. Since finding out its limitations on things, I haven't been very happy. I don't trust it over water since I never know when I'll loss signal...

Your post has something to think about and I agree "personally" finding out all the limitations for yourself and your Yuneec. I would try that if I had that happen again but having to cut a flight short to reset connections does seem "ridiculous". [ If you were over water and lost a signal wouldn't it return to home? My DJI Phantom does.]
Thanks again all information is important. Alan

I have been losing WI-fi connectivity also. I look down and the display is saying it is trying to reconnect. This was a short flight. I was at 55 feet and 267 feet away. One flight I lost connectivity and it never re-connected. I hit home, landed craft, and had to cycle power to Typhoon to re-establish connection to camera. So our problems are almost the same. Spoke with Tim at Yuneec and he suggested I fly higher to see it the problem changes May want to try that Alan. I am starting to doubt his solution.

I have been losing WI-fi connectivity also. I look down and the display is saying it is trying to reconnect. This was a short flight. I was at 55 feet and 267 feet away. One flight I lost connectivity and it never re-connected. I hit home, landed craft, and had to cycle power to Typhoon to re-establish connection to camera. So our problems are almost the same. Spoke with Tim at Yuneec and he suggested I fly higher to see it the problem changes May want to try that Alan. I am starting to doubt his solution.

What if you want to fly at 55 feet, I do quite a bit as I photograph trains both moving and stopped. I always have permission when in and around RR yards.
And no that is not a solution...:eek:)

Are all the incidents with the Camera losing connection have to do with the ones that have the Gold Connectors. Not all of us have those connectors. It sounds like Yuneec changed in the middle of production because mine is still using the Plug in to the body and I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago. Might be a common denominator here.

If the aircraft loses connectivity, how does "hitting home" help it return home? Is it the absence of ANY signal from the ST-10 that activates Return to Home or is it signal sent to the aircraft that is making it return. If you lose connection what does hitting "home" or not hitting "home" do?

If the aircraft loses connectivity, how does "hitting home" help it return home? Is it the absence of ANY signal from the ST-10 that activates Return to Home or is it signal sent to the aircraft that is making it return. If you lose connection what does hitting "home" or not hitting "home" do?
I am losing video connection. I still have an RC connection.

Well I finally got my first flight in, actually two, and was thoroughly impressed with the Yuneec Q500 4K.
However on the second flight the camera lost connection but didn’t recover, it tried a couple times but then
and vibrate uncontrollably I the removed the camera from the drone and the three gold prongs on the bottom
that make contact with the camera, one of the prongs was bent up and over making contact with the one next
to it, I took my fingernail and pried it back a little but it is damaged beyond repair. I’ll call Customer Service
and see what they want me to do. I can’t even imagine how that got bent up as there is only one way to
correctly put it on.
Like I said was most impressed with the first flights and handling, had a DJI Phantom two years, still do, and
got to wonder if I got a lemon with this one.
Alan
One major thing to consider here is wifi interference. I have the same problem in my backyard but out in the woods away from everything, it has never even glitched under 1500 ft away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz