Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Greatings from Germany with a small request

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am Denis from Germany, I own a Yuneec Q500 4K and I am an Android developer. I like to dig down the codes of my ST10+ to find out, how it is working and how to modify it.

Most of the time, I put my investigations into the CGO cameras. As I found some hidden features in the firmware, I started to create my own open source library for the camera API. Additionally, I wrote an alternative app for Android, which can be downloaded here: Typhoon Camera - Android Apps on Google Play

And this is why I am here. I want to share my work with you, and in return I'd like to get your feedback and to find new testers, who are willing to test the app. If there is someone out there, you may register for Alpha/Beta tests here: Sign in - Google Accounts

The app is designed for MK58 and CGO2 and CGO3.

There are still many features missing, so you can currently use it only for life view. But there are also some features, which the official app does not have:

- digital zoom of the life video stream
- set the image sharpness of JPGs (this is a hidden command, which is NOT available in the ST10+ or the official app)

Later I will implement intervalometer, self-timer, exposure bracketing for HDR. So there are some features, which could really enhance the Q500 at no cost compared to the Typhoon H.

I'd like to open a thread were you may post your feedback, but I don't know in which sub forum it will fit most.

I hope enjoy my development.

Denis

Have you started looking at the intervallometer yet? And will this work with the CGO3+?

Not yet, sorry. I am currently working on a better user on-boarding for first-time-users and after that I continue with the google cardboard feature.

If someone out there is good at photoshop or inkscape and want to help me, please tell me!

Reactions: threewildcrows
Hi all,

I am Denis from Germany, I own a Yuneec Q500 4K and I am an Android developer. I like to dig down the codes of my ST10+ to find out, how it is working and how to modify it.

Most of the time, I put my investigations into the CGO cameras. As I found some hidden features in the firmware, I started to create my own open source library for the camera API. Additionally, I wrote an alternative app for Android, which can be downloaded here: Typhoon Camera - Android Apps on Google Play

And this is why I am here. I want to share my work with you, and in return I'd like to get your feedback and to find new testers, who are willing to test the app. If there is someone out there, you may register for Alpha/Beta tests here: Sign in - Google Accounts

The app is designed for MK58 and CGO2 and CGO3.

There are still many features missing, so you can currently use it only for life view. But there are also some features, which the official app does not have:

- digital zoom of the life video stream
- set the image sharpness of JPGs (this is a hidden command, which is NOT available in the ST10+ or the official app)

Later I will implement intervalometer, self-timer, exposure bracketing for HDR. So there are some features, which could really enhance the Q500 at no cost compared to the Typhoon H.

I'd like to open a thread were you may post your feedback, but I don't know in which sub forum it will fit most.

I hope enjoy my development.

Denis

Hello Denis
As a photographer and Typhoon H owner, I sincerely hope you may find a way to give us AEB (Automatic Exposure Bracketing) on the H CGO3+ camera. This is a standard feature on the dji P4 and is invaluable to those of us who do serious post processing of photos. Long Exposure capabilities would of course be welcome

Anyway, glad to here of your interest and work to program such things.

Best of luck,
Hugh Jones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval