Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

GUI connection

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Discussion' started by agrafton, Sep 1, 2016.

1. agrafton

Here is a photo of the wire in the back of the battery compartment, is this where I plug in the GUI ?
    and is firmware update available from Yuneec? can't find it anywhere.....
    Thanks Alan gui.jpg

2. DroneClone

No, GUI Plugs the USB into the USB port on the side of the H, Look for it, it's there. And yes the new firmware is out! Go to Yuneec.com, Support then click on the H , Ooops . sorry hate this forum as it does not separate the models, see you have a Q500, not sure, but the H has a new one!

3. agrafton

Then what are these wires out the back ?
    Thanks

4. DroneClone

They may be? I am a H owner and your posts were open to all and thought it was for a H, Google "Wire inside Q500" you find out what it's for!

5. agrafton

Thank you,
    Alan

6. Ron_Dog

Yes that is where you plug into The GUI! There are two separate plugs on the usb wire,remove the end section and you will see a plug that will fit into the one on the Q 500.

7. agrafton

Will look for it, currently out of town...
    thanks, Alan

8. dcabon

Would you tell me the wire sequence on the plug? I pulled the connector off my wires!! I think it is white, blue, black, red but I'm not sure.

9. phernandez254

That is indeed the wire you use to connect your Q to the computer and perform a software update.

10. edgardoramos

I talked to a person from yuneec support and he told me the wire hanging from the back was for firmware up date

11. Blaster

Hello Alan (agrafton)......could you tell me "where" you purchased the "cable" to connect it from your computer or laptop
    to the "wiring harness" that hangs out of the battery insertion port, I have just installed a "brand new ESC" and would like
    to perform "esc id test". Yuneec has a video on switching out the ESC board and they even explain how to connect from
    your laptop or computer, but they did NOT mention, where to purchase the wire/cable nor is it available on their web-site.

Also, my McAfee Anti-virus software indicated that the ESC ID GUI software HAS a Virus.

12. Jafo

The USB Adapter you need to connect the GUI with the Q should have come with the purchase of the drone.
    A new one can be found on the web. Look here:
    Yuneec USA USB Interface/Programmer: Q500, YUNA100 | eBay

Your McAfee anti virus is giving you a "False-Positive hit" on the GUI.Tell it to make an exception for that program when scanning and you'll be fine. Of course... that's assuming you downloaded the program from the Yuneec site.
    Good luck and happy flying,
    Jafo

13. Blaster

Hey Jafo...........sorry bout delay in my reply, .........YES, just discovered you're "resolution" was "right on target" regarding false/positive thing.
    Just got off phone w/Yuneec and verified procedure..........you are good Jafo. (Thanks again) On a side note.......couldn't immediately locate
    the USB Inter-Face connector cable.....but did find it in my "parts box" this A.M.

Thanks again man.........happy flying!! :eek:

14. Jafo

Always glad to help.
    Also glad you found your adapter.
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and happy Flying,
    Jafo