Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Guide to reading Flightlog data UPDATED 1/28/21

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reading Flightlog data can be just a little confusing at times and some values actually seem counterintuitive. I put together a table to aid in translating the data and make reading the graphs in the Q500log2kml program easier to understand. Once you get used to reading them they allow you to visualize the flight and isolate critical data.

Please have a look at this and make suggestions for improvements. Hopefully it can help as you learn to read your flight data.

Updates:
1/11/21 - Added illustrations and tutorial
1/12/21 - Rearranged layout to be more clear (thanks TB!)
1/28/21 - Added section on Remote_xxxxxx.csv

Attachments

• Typhoon H Control Data.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
In my best Mr Burns voice...

Excellent ?

Reading Flightlog data can be just a little confusing at times and some values actually seem counterintuitive. I put together a table to aid in translating the data and make reading the graphs in the Q500log2kml program easier to understand. Once you get used to reading them they allow you to visualize the flight and isolate critical data.

Please have a look at this and make suggestions for improvements. Hopefully it can help as you learn to read your flight data.

Well done [emoji736]

Are you referring to others like the H Plus, Q500, etc. ?

With some small changes it is valid for all legacy Yuneec drones like Blade 350QX, Blade Chroma, Q500, H920. The older drones have less channels in use and Q500 and older have -50% for B1 button instead of -25%.
Maybe there are some more details changed but all in all you can use the table for all Yuneec drones including H Plus and H3 but not foe H520, Breeze or Mantis.

If you use q500log2kml for analysis use tool tips (hold mouse pointer over a cell in the tables) or check the legends of the charts. It will also tell you the HW labels and the control labels.
Ch1 to Ch12 are labeled as CH0 to CH11 in the Remote_xxxxx.csv files in FlightLog or Flight2Log.

br HE

Sometime ago (I believe in 2018) I started to create a description for FlightLog analysis but never really finished in a good manner. It is a lot of work to go more in detail, far beyond the User manual and that alone was a lot of work.
Now, as Yuneec consumer drones are a dying business the importance to maintain this tool (I mean Q500log2kml) is going down.

However, here it is what I have:

Attachments

• FlightLog_analysis.pdf
    686 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Andrew Grant
Now, as Yuneec consumer drones are a dying business the importance to maintain this tool (I mean Q500log2kml) is going down.
The importance to have a tool like this one is higher when no one expects support from the manufacturer. H480 is a good platform, second hand drones are with very acceptable prices, and so on.

Definitely H480, with appropriate tools, can cover almost all tasks, which the expensive and not outdated drone can do. No guarantees local Yuneec dealers do not drop the H520E too in meantime. Focus on a cheap and known platform is a good business.

Until today I have 3 pieces of H480, a lot of remotes, a few CGO3+, and so on. Still, the paid money is very far from the H520E price. One of the H's I'll use for experiments and I can afford this. No chance with only one machine to make knowledge, when you understand the risk to kill it.

Thank you for a good job, Helmut!

Reactions: Andrew Grant

Why do I get a bunch of gibberish when I open the file?

What part is gibberish? Are you seeing a table of values for the 12 channels that control the Hex series of Yuneec aircraft? As stated in the first version, more information has been added that may clear up some of the gibberish (unless your PDF reader is malfunctioning). The table in a less complete form has been an aid to me when analyzing FlightLogs. It was enhanced to cover more data (Channel Setting information) which helps when people accidentally mix inputs on a channel (usually on CH0 Throttle). The additions are a guide to reading graphs plotting the FlightLog records.

For those of you with the first version, make sure you get the updated version https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/typhoon-h-control-data-pdf.24382/

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnyb57
What part is gibberish? Are you seeing a table of values for the 12 channels that control the Hex series of Yuneec aircraft? As stated in the first version, more information has been added that may clear up some of the gibberish (unless your PDF reader is malfunctioning). The table in a less complete form has been an aid to me when analyzing FlightLogs. It was enhanced to cover more data (Channel Setting information) which helps when people accidentally mix inputs on a channel (usually on CH0 Throttle). The additions are a guide to reading graphs plotting the FlightLog records.
Well, turns out opening the file o my iPad results in a bunch of symbols, letters, and numbers in seemingly random order.
However, I just opened the file on my laptop and all is good. Thanks for the post and reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, turns out opening the file o my iPad results in a bunch of symbols, letters, and numbers in seemingly random order.
However, I just opened the file on my laptop and all is good. Thanks for the post and reply.
That is odd behavior for an iPad. You should be able to download the file and open it in Safari which is able to read PDF files.

I have uploaded an newer version of flight log analysis tool "q500log2kml" for MacOS.
It was compiled and tested with MacOS 10.14 (Mojave). I don't know if it works with newer MacOS versions.
Also Windows and LINUX versions got small updates.

Download it at my homepage:
or from GitHub:

q500log2kml is Open-Source as many others of my apps. Sources are available at GitHub:

Manuals, How-To's and other documentation regarding drones can be found here:

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis