Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H batteries

Reaction score
Hey Gang. I am concerned i recently, well in the last month had 3 out of my 4 H batteries go south on me. I am no longer able to charge them according to my charger. From what i can see they all have one or more cells that will no longer balance. Low cell voltage, when that happens my charger says no go. I have a team orion touch duo charger. I think its a quality unit but im looking for causes. I always charge and discharge/ storage charge my batteries properly . unsure of why the failures.
One battery is less than a year old bought from amazon as an aftermarket replacement.

Basically the only battery left is an original yuneec battery.

My concern is that the typhoon h now is an older model and maybe many of the batteries left over from yuneec are maybe old even when baught new. Does anybody know if yuneec is still making new batteries for the H or not. Amazon had a genereic replacement now but unsure if its junk or not.

Im about to embark on some new work with my H & and hopefully 107 liscense. Im worried i have to either upgrade to a new drone or find a better source for batteries.
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Reactions: BlueNose
You pretty much identified the only two viable choices. What you are encountering is not a new or previously unknown condition, it’s been going on and widely discussed for a long time. Yuneec is not making batteries for the H anymore and anything you find specific to the H will be after market or already well into their aging cycle.

Having done so myself I will suggest altering the internal power wires and plug in the H to accept common lipo batteries. They are cheaper than factory, which adds incentive. The process is relatively simple but you have to accept the stock battery case and latch system will no longer be in use.

Thanks for ypur reply. I did a search and found the previous thread.

Should have checked first.

Thank you for answering me.

Not sure what i am going to do.
Maybe should try a n amazon battery and an adapter kit for other batteries as well.

There are 3d printed adapter/trays on eBay, they seem OK, but do the modification your happy with, standard batteries to fit the modifications are still somewhat available, being in US you probably have a better cheaper supply, here in UK they cost nearly as much as the originals, but it's about keeping the system going.

There are 3d printed adapter/trays on eBay, they seem OK, but do the modification your happy with, standard batteries to fit the modifications are still somewhat available, being in US you probably have a better cheaper supply, here in UK they cost nearly as much as the originals, but it's about keeping the system going.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal