Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Crash Repair.....Is this CGO3 repairable or trash? Recommendations?

Reaction score
3d18cc6ecccb1b6372b8f9db9c129a7e.jpg
2cce18554ecda2b85c714a88991d0810.jpg
IMG_3763.JPGIMG_3762.JPG

Straight_shoota, if you're really up to it, you can find the parts and try to fix it. A few things to watch out for, the camera itself might be damaged (misaligned or damaged sensor), some of the parts might not be so easy to find, and how much time do you want to invest? I just rebuilt two heavily crashed CGO cameras last night, took about 30 minutes to disassemble the cases and assess the internal damage. Then another 15 minutes to put everything back together, this doesn't include the time it took to locate the parts.

One idea would be to get on the line (online, horrible movie reference) and see if you can find a cheap CGO-3. You can take the camera internals and swap them.

Even if you can replace the parts the gimbal will need a calibration and only Yuneec has the equipment to do that. You could check with Vertigo Drones or Terrestrial Imaging to see if they can do the repair and calibration. BTW, this type of calibration is much different than the one you can do with the GUI.

@Bob520 thank you for your reply, I'm thinking I will invest the time to do the repairs... I did wonder how much yuneec would charge to repair it

There is a certain online auction site that is electronics and near a bay, in which a few forum members have had luck finding a cheaper, used, working , cgo-3+. Might still be cheaper than have Big Y, fix it. Of course you can call Yuneec and see if they will replace the camera due to a crash. You might get lucky. Worth a shot.

There is a certain online auction site that is electronics and near a bay, in which a few forum members have had luck finding a cheaper, used, working , cgo-3+. Might still be cheaper than have Big Y, fix it. Of course you can call Yuneec and see if they will replace the camera due to a crash. You might get lucky. Worth a shot.
just picked up a new CG03+ for under $400

have not received it yet but will keep ya posted on quality

Reactions: Straight_shoota
as far as repairing it goes, i spent a couple hours messing with mine and finally gave up, i ended up causing more damage just by taking it apart....

i almost just bought a Q500 for a little more money, but found the cheap CG03+ camera so we will see..

@Bob520 thank you for your reply, I'm thinking I will invest the time to do the repairs... I did wonder how much yuneec would charge to repair it

Hi
Mine was is same condition and yuneec Germany repaired it for 76 € including transport update and calibrated. Good job. I tried to fix it by myself with no result.

as far as repairing it goes, i spent a couple hours messing with mine and finally gave up, i ended up causing more damage just by taking it apart....

i almost just bought a Q500 for a little more money, but found the cheap CG03+ camera so we will see..

How much was it

I crashed my Typhoon 5 times and the 3rd time, I damaged my camera. I contacted vertigo drones and I was very displeased with their customer service. They talked to me like I was an idiot. I called Terrestrial Imaging up and explained what had happened and was curious why I was unable to do the repairs myself and they walked me through why they or an authorized Yuneec repair facility would need to do the repairs. They explained how long it would take and they were not out to nickle and dime me on the price either. They may or may not have charged the same price, but the way I was treated was much better than I have experienced with vertigo drones.

www.terrestrialimaging.com

I am a 107 pilot in Topeka, KS.

One of the daily deal sites has the reconditioned cameras for sale now for $199.99. I dont think this forum will allow me to post the name. I may buy one as a spare for that price.

Ok thanks
What is the site for 199.00

Look at the date of the post you are referencing. It is almost two years old. Not likely to still be around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson