Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H+ Hard Case

Phaedrus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Ok, I used the search but did not find exactly what I was looking for. What hard cases (GPC, etc.) fit the H+. Do the H cases fit the H+? GPC does not show a separate H+ case.

The backpack is nice, but I'd like a hard case.

Suggestions?

Not sure if there is any hard case that fits the foam inserts exactly but I have seen a few guys that found cases like Pelican that were good on about two of the dimensions but it had a little extra space which he used for more storage. While I don't remember which case it was I do know that the Foam insert dimensions are as follows

Box size.jpg

Reactions: Phaedrus
I'll take another look. I've seen lots of cases for the H, but not so many for the H+. I was mostly curious what people here were using.

I forgot you only have the Plus, ;) the foam cartons from the Standard H and H Plus have the exact same outer dimensions and the only internal difference is the slot that the prop box goes into is a little deeper, but again this does not change the outer dimensions so whatever box you find the Fits the H foam inserts will also fit the Plus, if you are keeping the foam inserts.

I know there are custom cases for the H that have their own foam cutouts and I cannot speak to the design of them but I can put my Plus into the Case my standard H came in so they are very close. When collapsed, the arms only extend about a half inch deeper into the case so I would suspect those custom cases will work too.

I think one of our members was looking at a Pelican 1620 NF (no foam) and needed measurements of the inserts so that is when I took the above pictures. I remember him showing a picture and said that the inserts fit very well and snug in one direction and leaving about 5 inches to the side for extra storage. The interior dimensions of the 1620 are 21.37 x 16.31 x 12.56

Yes, I am sad to say I jumped right to the H+ and did not pay my dues with the 480 first :p

I presume that the only difference is in height due to the longer arms. The outline from above should be the same, correct? If only 0.5 to 0.75 inch difference the compression of the foam in the bottom and lid should handle that easily.

I've got a couple of GPC cases and really like them. I think the H case should work based on that small difference in overall height.

Here's my question for those that run with hard cases. How do you address using an external antenna (4hawks in my scenario) I leave mine attached at all times to prevent wear on removing and reconnecting the antenna wiring but its tiring to have to carry both my H+ and the controller second. Just curious if anyone else runs into this problem or do you have a separate case for your controller?

Reactions: MrGecko
I might have one to sell....PM me here and I can send you pics. I got the good pelican case that’s oversized for the 480 so the Plus fits.

I purchased a case for my H+ from B&H for $349.00. made by Casepro. been very happy with it. Lots more storage. Can hold 4 batteries, has rollers and a handle and extremely rigid. Weighs 20-25 pounds empty. Something to consider. no modifications necessary for the H+.

Reactions: Phaedrus
My biggest beef with the factory foam & backpack is you have to take everything out to get the aircraft in and out.:mad: The earlier H foam insert has a slightly taller height and you don't have to play musical accessories to get the bird in and out, but I got stuck with the newer style. They tried to save a couple inches and created a logistical nightmare. And I use the term "Backpack" loosely. Putting shoulder straps on a refrigerator does not make it a "Backpack"!:rolleyes:

Until I find a suitable hard case I can afford, I only use the backpack for storage when I'm not flying -basically never. For backpacking I'm going to continue strapping it on my daypack with the gear retracted for hikes and mountain bike treks. It's quicker than emptying the fridge every time I want to get at.

Reactions: Docdor
I just recently got back from a 2wks trip to the Islands (Oahu) and took the H+ with me. I’m still using the backpack that it came with, modified the inside to fit my 4Hawks, but added extra cushion for the trip. To my surprised the foam did really well.
I even left 3 batteries in the bag, and one in the drone, and all of my batteries was drained to 3.4v using a rigged discharger with halogen light and voltmeter.

Reactions: Ffrobbyrob
I just recently got back from a 2wks trip to the Islands (Oahu) and took the H+ with me. I’m still using the backpack that it came with, modified the inside to fit my 4Hawks, but added extra cushion for the trip. To my surprised the foam did really well.
I even left 3 batteries in the bag, and one in the drone, and all of my batteries was drained to 3.4v using a rigged discharger with halogen light and voltmeter.

Got a photo of your "mod" for the 4hawks in the case?

Welcome back 'old' timer. :cool:

Reactions: RPR
Got a photo of your "mod" for the 4hawks in the case?

Will do ASAP when I get home, Jack. I am still in vacation mode, and haven’t really been working the pits, but rather enjoying my son’s company.

Reactions: JackMTaco
This thread is getting interesting, because the inspire has an aftermarket hard shell case, and if configured correctly it might just work with the Yuneec H+ (minus the inspire logo) I'm going to search around, because there are shells out there at does not cost an arm and a leg.

IMG_0529.jpg

Thank you! It doesn't protrude out of the case at all when the top is close? That was my main concern which is why I haven't cut the foam out yet. I am also very cautious when transporting both drones so as long as it stays flush with the top of the case. Sounds like your cut out works! Thank you again for the picture.

Thank you! It doesn't protrude out of the case at all when the top is close? That was my main concern which is why I haven't cut the foam out yet. I am also very cautious when transporting both drones so as long as it stays flush with the top of the case. Sounds like your cut out works! Thank you again for the picture.

It does protrude, just a bit. If I am also thinking of putting some type of a sheet reinforcement, glued on the outer side of the cutout, but I haven’t found the right one.

I’ll keep you updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval