Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus, manual mode ??

Reaction score
Hi guys. Recently carried out new update, it now gives me the option to turn GPS on or off, but it also has manual on or off ?? Can anyone tell me what the manual setting does, nice to have the updates, but you have to work out what they do, pity it doesn't tell you what is being altered at the time of update
Appreciate any help

Reactions: mbernholdt
Hi guys. Recently carried out new update, it now gives me the option to turn GPS on or off, but it also has manual on or off ?? Can anyone tell me what the manual setting does, nice to have the updates, but you have to work out what they do, pity it doesn't tell you what is being altered at the time of update
Appreciate any help
I have also been wondering about this, seems like 2 switches for one option.

Aircraft GPS switch is for indoor operations. The complete GPS system is switched off.
Manual mode is for outdoor and only GPS position hold is off.

br HE
Thanks

Not comprehensively tested, indeed I understood:

GPS off: drone does not catch up any RTH positon, IPS remains on;

Manual on : Gps ignored, indeed the drone stores RTH position

Basically: there is no reasons on my opinion to switch off Gps (indeed dangerous) , if you pilot in “manual” with Gps “on” you avoid Gps corrections (e.g. Due to Wind drift) but safe RTH at take off coordinates (or dymanic, if choosen) is assured

Elio

Not comprehensively tested, indeed I understood:

GPS off: drone does not catch up any RTH positon, IPS remains on;

Manual on : Gps ignored, indeed the drone stores RTH position

Basically: there is no reasons on my opinion to switch off Gps (indeed dangerous) , if you pilot in “manual” with Gps “on” you avoid Gps corrections (e.g. Due to Wind drift) but safe RTH at take off coordinates (or dymanic, if choosen) is assured

Elio
GPS off is primarily for indoor flying as many indoor locations can still receive GPS signals but they can not be relied on.

GPS off is primarily for indoor flying as many indoor locations can still receive GPS signals but they can not be relied on.

Hi Elio
Thanks for your advice, i think it will be a case of Manual off & GPS on at all times.
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval