Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Pro on the way.... will the ITELITE DBS Antenna work?

Reaction score
I know the antenna layout has changed with the controller that comes with the pro v the advanced.

Will the Itelite fit? Can I use the FPVLR antennas on it?

Thanks!

If you have(and probably do) it won't if you have the old DBS for the two antenna ST16, DBS has the new three antenna available soon, if not already!

They old will not work on the new ST16, The new one to be soon released will, like Mickey stated, and I tried too!

They old will not work on the new ST16, The new one to be soon released will, like Mickey stated, and I tried too!
I'm curious why it wouldn't work. The DBS for the Q had two 2.4Ghz antennas and one 5.8Ghz. Seems like it should work.

Does not the old DBS have connections for 2 antennas? The new 16 has three external antennas now! How will you connect 2 to 3? They are making a new 16 DBS that will fit, thus work. But the old DBS will not work on the new16

Does not the old DBS have connections for 2 antennas? The new 16 has three external antennas now! How will you connect 2 to 3? They are making a new 16 DBS that will fit, thus work. But the old DBS will not work on the new16
The old DBS for the ST10 had 3 connectors. 2ea for 2.4Ghz and 1ea for 5.8Ghz. The antenna connectors on the ST16 pro are the same as the old antenna. So I am puzzled why it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried it???

The old DBS for the ST10 had 3 connectors. 2ea for 2.4Ghz and 1ea for 5.8Ghz. The antenna connectors on the ST16 pro are the same as the old antenna. So I am puzzled why it wouldn't work. Has anyone tried it???
Sorry, but I know nothing of the ST10 or any other Yuneec product and was unaware of it having 3 antennas!, Now why didn't Yuneec put 3 on the H ? Never ends with Yuneec! LOL ! Thanks Steve!

Sorry, but I know nothing of the ST10 or any other Yuneec product and was unaware of it having 3 antennas!, Now why didn't Yuneec put 3 on the H ? Never ends with Yuneec! LOL ! Thanks Steve!
The ST10 and ST16 have a lot in common except the ST10 has 3 internal antennas. It requires a mod to add the DBS antenna by removing the three internals and installing 3 coax cables.
The ST16 has 4 antennas. 2 internal and 2 external. The DBS antenna being sold replaces only the 2 outside antennas. So it would seem simple to use the old antenna on the ST16 by using only one of the 2.4Ghz connections.

Then it will not work till DBS makes one, or the DBS for the ST10 works, but I am lost in space!
Have a great night!

I think : of course the old DBS work , but only for two parts of the three antennas. the control signal and the video receive (left and middle) you must place the antenna to the left and the 3rd antenna for telemetry you use the stock antenna

Hi all,

I'm hoping those in this thread can help. I'm in the opposite boat. I have the original ST16 controller but accidentally purchased the new Itelite DBS with 3 antennas. Derp.

Question, will the new DBS work with the original ST16? Otherwise it's time to return it!

Thank you!

Lacey

Yes it will absolutely work with the regular 2 antenna ST16. I bought the new 3 antenna IteLite DBS05.6B that has the 3 antennas cuz I'm not exactly sure on the time line but I plan to add the third antenna into my ST16. Just whenever you use your IteLite antenna you can plug the 2.4Ghz cable into either side but make sure that you plug the 5.8ghz cable into the center antenna connector on the new antenna. Ie when you look at you stock setup of antennas the antenna port that you screw the small mushroom looking antenna into is your 5.8ghz & the longer straight antenna is obviously your 2.4Ghz. I'd high suggest doing the ST16 3rd antenna mod cuz you'll be able to do the same things I'm planning on doing which is replacing all of the internal antenna cables to the best possible ones that will fit ie by fit I'm talking about the fact that any new antenna especially if it has better claims it will most likely be thicker & therefore stiffer so you need to watch out for to thick because you'll want to route all the new cables the same way the stock were routed & definitely do not want to even have any possibility of putting pressure on any ends of the cables or any connections that are on the boards because that will only cause you RF Noise & possibly "GAIN" you worse antenna signal strength than what you had when they where stock. Thanks Tom C

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

On my 2nd flight with the DBS Intellite antenna on my H pro-RS I lost all telemetry on my ST-16 as well as screen freeze from the camera. Now looking for someone to help me read my telemetry log. I want to understand what went wrong.

Hi all,

I'm hoping those in this thread can help. I'm in the opposite boat. I have the original ST16 controller but accidentally purchased the new Itelite DBS with 3 antennas. Derp.

Question, will the new DBS work with the original ST16? Otherwise it's time to return it!

Thank you!

Lacey

You can always buy another rig... :)

On my 2nd flight with the DBS Intellite antenna on my H pro-RS I lost all telemetry on my ST-16 as well as screen freeze from the camera. Now looking for someone to help me read my telemetry log. I want to understand what went wrong.
Sorry to hear that. Hope y
Yes it will absolutely work with the regular 2 antenna ST16. I bought the new 3 antenna IteLite DBS05.6B that has the 3 antennas cuz I'm not exactly sure on the time line but I plan to add the third antenna into my ST16. Just whenever you use your IteLite antenna you can plug the 2.4Ghz cable into either side but make sure that you plug the 5.8ghz cable into the center antenna connector on the new antenna. Ie when you look at you stock setup of antennas the antenna port that you screw the small mushroom looking antenna into is your 5.8ghz & the longer straight antenna is obviously your 2.4Ghz. I'd high suggest doing the ST16 3rd antenna mod cuz you'll be able to do the same things I'm planning on doing which is replacing all of the internal antenna cables to the best possible ones that will fit ie by fit I'm talking about the fact that any new antenna especially if it has better claims it will most likely be thicker & therefore stiffer so you need to watch out for to thick because you'll want to route all the new cables the same way the stock were routed & definitely do not want to even have any possibility of putting pressure on any ends of the cables or any connections that are on the boards because that will only cause you RF Noise & possibly "GAIN" you worse antenna signal strength than what you had when they where stock. Thanks Tom C

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the super detailed reply! I would love to upgrade my controller however don't trust myself to do it properly. In the meantime if it works with my original ST16 it would be great. Perhaps Carolina Dronz could do the conversion. Going to call them as soon as they're back from CES.

Sorry to hear that.
Thx, read the .csv files myself but can't find any abnormality. Really frustrating, help would be very apriciated. Want to understand what went wrong before contacting Yuneec and sending the bird and controller over. I had plenty of flights without any problem (besides loss of camera connection when raising the legs up).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval