Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Pro tried to force a landing in Angle mode

Reaction score
Ok, day 1 - maiden flight of my H pro - crashed

Calibrated
Adequate Satellite (controller and H)
Set to Angle, all left side toggles up, Legs still down, obstacle avoidance toggle pulled down
Movement testing in Angle with legs down. On my regular H, obstacle avoidance did not work
when the legs were down, but it seemed to work on the H pro.

Obstacle avoidance was working with the legs down,
I could not push forward to make it run into a tree.
It was about 18 feet in front of me.
All of a sudden, at maybe 11 feet high, it moved about 2 feet closer to me and started
to attempt a landing, except that it was shaking left and right - bobbling all the way to the
ground (props still turning), and landed on one of it's legs, and broke a leg (no visible damage, but the
legs will not respond anymore.

What the h&&^ happened. I have never experienced anything like that with my last H.
It is as if it had a mind of it's own, and tried to land while in angle mode.
I called Yuneec, and they said they would send me return instructions by email, but so far, I have not seen the email.

Please advise if you know what could have caused this destructive event.

Ok, day 1 - maiden flight of my H pro - crashed

Calibrated
Adequate Satellite (controller and H)
Set to Angle, all left side toggles up, Legs still down, obstacle avoidance toggle pulled down
Movement testing in Angle with legs down. On my regular H, obstacle avoidance did not work
when the legs were down, but it seemed to work on the H pro.

Obstacle avoidance was working with the legs down,
I could not push forward to make it run into a tree.
It was about 18 feet in front of me.
All of a sudden, at maybe 11 feet high, it moved about 2 feet closer to me and started
to attempt a landing, except that it was shaking left and right - bobbling all the way to the
ground (props still turning), and landed on one of it's legs, and broke a leg (no visible damage, but the
legs will not respond anymore.

What the h&&^ happened. I have never experienced anything like that with my last H.
It is as if it had a mind of it's own, and tried to land while in angle mode.
I called Yuneec, and they said they would send me return instructions by email, but so far, I have not seen the email.

Please advise if you know what could have caused this destructive event.
Ouch.........It would be difficult to know what caused the suddenly erratic flight. Yuneec can analyze the telemetry data and determine what happened to cause the problem. If you don't hear back from them soon then call again. I'm sure they will take good care of you.

You hit a ring vortex.
When it wobbles the drone recirculating air from bottom to top in a donut of air around the drone.
It is wobbling as it can't get lift.
Only way out is to ram the control forward or back or left or right to get it to move in the horizonal.
Then it will get fresh air to bite into.

Here is my very own Ring Vortex example:

You hit a ring vortex.
When it wobbles the drone recirculating air from bottom to top in a donut of air around the drone.
It is wobbling as it can't get lift.
Only way out is to ram the control forward or back or left or right to get it to move in the horizonal.
Then it will get fresh air to bite into.

Here is my very own Ring Vortex example:

Hmmmm, so when It appeared to me to start landing by itself, it was really not able to lift, and I assumed that it was trying to land. I know I lifted it up two or three times, but it would continue to descend while wobbling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval