Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H question

Reaction score
I am sitting in my pretty much empty park. I am at my own ground station and? This is a first and if you read this tom has this ever happened. The st 16 on, craft on, and I want to calibrate it. The problem is after everything is ready there is a fast repetitive beep that won't stop. I repeated everything again and it just won't stop. I haven't even put the props on for the very first time. Everything seems fine so any suggestions besides quitting?[emoji26]

Turn off and give your controller sticks a good stir. Check in Hardware manager that they are at neutral.

Reactions: Andrew Grant
This is a first and if you read this tom has this ever happened.
Yes, it has happened many times. I'm pretty sure it is what @Mrgs1 says. The right stick is not centered. As he says, you can often clear this problem by stirring the right stick around for awhile, and the problem may go away. Give that a try first. It may take more, and we can discuss that as needed.

Be sure to check the "Hardware Monitor" to ensure they are working correctly.

Attachments

• ST16 Hardware Monitor.pdf
    712.2 KB · Views: 19
I am sitting in my pretty much empty park. I am at my own ground station and? This is a first and if you read this tom has this ever happened. The st 16 on, craft on, and I want to calibrate it. The problem is after everything is ready there is a fast repetitive beep that won't stop. I repeated everything again and it just won't stop. I haven't even put the props on for the very first time. Everything seems fine so any suggestions besides quitting?[emoji26]
try putting the blades on brfore trying to start the motors, it does like to run without the blades on

I looked at the hardware and s1 and s2 are backwards but I fooled around with the calibrations again and it stopped. Before I drive into the boonies 30 miles away I will fly HERB in the park 1st,2cd and 3rd time first.[emoji848]

I went to the park this morning, another beautiful day and literally alone in the park(eerie) to say the least. I read the advice given so far and up to this point I thought I fixed it. I went and set it up and beep etc. Well I messed with it a bit more and it stopped so I moved it to a safe spot to take off not fly. I just wanted to see first if it would start and it did. I went up about 20 feet, stable moved left, right no problem but I landed it manually and no problems and then the beeping came back. I sat at one of my own private ground stations (about 15 to myself). Something came on that I have never seen before. Briefly a GPS warning came on and it stopped. When I go into setting mode it stops and when return to the screen. There is absolutely zero problems getting at least 17 satellites so I have never had a problem with that. Wifi is a separate issue. So I guess it's a bad signal somewhere. I also noticed when I went into the hardware mode I noticed that the info in s1 moved from 0 to 2 l believe. Is this what you mean by right stick?

Peter,
Please don't become overly concerned with S1 and S2. Those are not related to your issue, and change states according to their associated switch positions. S1 is just the camera tilt mode switch, S2 is the camera pan mode switch.
You are interested in the right hand joy stick, and indicators J3 and J4 on the Hardware monitor page.

If "exercising" the right hand joy stick does not clear the problem, the next level of correction will be to spray some "plastic safe" spray cleaner on the pots inside the controller. That is best done by removing the back from the ST16, and may require some assistance.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I did go back and try again with better luck. I flew it around carefully with out incident but the GPS warning came on briefly on the ground and then it seemed to be ok. No weird things but still a bit reticent. Definitely getting closer.

I went back out once more and it's getting better each time. I wobbled the right joy stick, it's better and when the GPS warning comes on it's not happening in the air because I did a very wide orbit manually around the park perimeter nervously but it went well without a hitch. I will keep checking over before the country plunge. Thanks y'all and wtfd.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Every once in awhile I will get a “lost GPS” warning upon landing. Nothing odd about any flight whatsoever.

You might find other members posting about gps reflections or the like, especially near buildings, ground, et al.

Pay attention to patterns. You may find some abnormalities as “normal”, with experience.

If you get regular gps warnings while in flight, clear skies, lots of satellites, then you might have a growing concern.

Keep paying attention. You are the one in charge.

Good luck!

Jeff

Sometimes you get a GPS warning if your holding the controller close to the body and your blocking the receiver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval