Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 batteries not charging

Reaction score
Hello all,
I’ve had my H3 since they first hit the market. I had an issue with updating firmware but other than that it’s been ok. I don’t fly it much. Anyways the issues I’m having now are the batteries won’t charge. One is giving me a solid blue (error) and when I put the other battery on I get a weird beep with all the lights going on/off. Was hoping if someone could tell me do I just need new batteries already? Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jesse

Detach the power cord from the outlet. Puch and pull a few times batterie in the charger's socket. Probably battery terminals are oxidated. Try again to charge it. If the problem persists, you should check the voltage of each element.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I am assuming you are only using the OEM charger that came with the H3 and not one that has the capability to place the battery packs at storage voltage.
BDD28459-6831-432C-A4CD-7204C04287DA.jpeg
This is a photo of an H520e battery (credit to @terrence davidson), but the H3 battery has the same contact configuration. There are 12 contacts in all with the outer four contacts on each end being the main full pack voltage contacts. The first four on the left are the positive + contacts and the four rightmost contacts are the negative - terminals. The four terminals in the middle are the balancing contacts so the fifth from the right is Cell 1, sixth is Cell 2, seventh is Cell 3, and eighth is Cell 4.

With these type of contacts you will likely need a set of needle probes for a multimeter to measure the cell voltages. To lessen the possibility of shorting a cell during measurements use the rightmost negative terminal then measure voltage at terminals 5, 6, 7, and 8.

Measure the voltages for each battery and post the results so we can better advise you on the next step to take.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I’ve had my H3 since they first hit the market. I had an issue with updating firmware but other than that it’s been ok. I don’t fly it much. Anyways the issues I’m having now are the batteries won’t charge. One is giving me a solid blue (error) and when I put the other battery on I get a weird beep with all the lights going on/off. Was hoping if someone could tell me do I just need new batteries already? Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
Jesse
Jesse have you been placing your batteries in a storage mode after using them for flight? You can’t keep your battery batteries fully charged… Also when you charge it should be charged in a balance mode. There should be…YouTube videos on the subject that you can refer to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval