Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 Motors won’t start after update.

Reaction score
Hello,
My H3 gimbal was progressively getting more and more jiggles and wild erratic movements. Like it had a mind of its own. Also it became impossible to start the motors due to a relentless, Battery door warning. (The battery was securely mounted and latched, I checked 6 times with different batteries). It is a fairly new purchase and I had not yet updated the firmware, so I figured maybe it would help. The result: Gimbal is rock solid now! Battery door warning is gone!
Now Motors won’t start. When I try to start the motors, I see two red blinks up front and a sound that says: Dee Doe, Dee Doe, Dee Doe. No messages come up on the controller. Does anyone know what it means? I tested this indoors with was gps and props off.

Yuneec models will not start with the props off, to protect the motors. Install props and reattempt outside. You can try with props off, when connected to the Yuneec GUI, but I do not know if the GUI will interface with the H3.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Well, I tried to get the motors to start outside with the props on and they still won’t start. The same 3 Dee Doe sounds in a row and two red led blinks in the front. Should I try to redo the update again? Yuneec tech support is basically an email to nowhere. I’ve opened 3 support tickets since I started having problems. They send me an acknowledgment email saying that someone will reach out shortly and I have been waiting for 14 days.

Have you tried calling Yuneec USA at +1 (888) 912-4886?

With a $2500+ drone you should have access to a live person and not just an email.

While I would like to try Yuneec’s latest offerings, I will not go for it until they get their act together in the USA. I will not spend that kind of money for nonexistent support.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I will try and call them about this tomorrow. I spoke with a human there when I first received the H3 about a month ago. I was looking of assistance unlocking NFZ on my new H3. The lady on the phone was nice. I let her know that I have my 107 and she told me that I needed to call my local airport and they could help me. It was not reassuring to say the least. I want to love the H3 and I hope I can get this worked out, because so far my faithful Mavic Pro is my #1 go to bird for filming.

Once upon a time, Yuneec had the best customer service in the business... however even then, email was consistantly an ineffective means of communication with them. Let us know how it goes with that call. One last thing... it was always best to call them, within 30 minutes of them opening at 8AM PT. No idea, what their current hours are.

Thanks for that info. I will come back around and let you all know how things work out.

Try flipping between flight modes, I’ve done that when she won’t start, then she start

Thanks Punaperry. I’ll try anything at this point. Just tried it and still have the prettiest non-flying hex in the USA. I called both published Yuneec customer service phone numbers today. No luck reaching a human. Will try again tomorrow.

I do not know if they run the technical support as they once did, but if you are given the option for a callback appointment, take that option... then a live TS rep will call you back.

I will try and call them about this tomorrow. I spoke with a human there when I first received the H3 about a month ago. I was looking of assistance unlocking NFZ on my new H3. The lady on the phone was nice. I let her know that I have my 107 and she told me that I needed to call my local airport and they could help me. It was not reassuring to say the least. I want to love the H3 and I hope I can get this worked out, because so far my faithful Mavic Pro is my #1 go to bird for filming.
".....she told me that I needed to call my local airport and they could help me.? It was not reassuring to say the least." LOL
WHAT? your local airport has nothing to do with unlocking NFZ

Hello,
My H3 gimbal was progressively getting more and more jiggles and wild erratic movements. Like it had a mind of its own. Also it became impossible to start the motors due to a relentless, Battery door warning. (The battery was securely mounted and latched, I checked 6 times with different batteries). It is a fairly new purchase and I had not yet updated the firmware, so I figured maybe it would help. The result: Gimbal is rock solid now! Battery door warning is gone!
Now Motors won’t start. When I try to start the motors, I see two red blinks up front and a sound that says: Dee Doe, Dee Doe, Dee Doe. No messages come up on the controller. Does anyone know what it means? I tested this indoors with was gps and props off.
Taking a look at the User Manual for the H3 it seems motors 1 & 6 flashing red indicates a failed calibration. Did you recalibrate after performing the firmware update?

Another piece of information is that the NFZ unlock is a code supplied by Yuneec to properly licensed pilots. It has nothing to do with your local airport. I do not know what they are charging for that now.

A quick correction to my original post. After the update, The gimbal is still erratic. Every time I power up the controller and H3, it’s a 50/50 chance that the gimbal will cycle thru and act properly or get the jiggles. Also I have since noticed that the error tone sounds and all 6 pods blink red twice. Does anyone know how to revert the aircraft back to the original firmware that it came with?
It seems that everything was better before the update.

Update: Yuneec Support sent me a fresh Gimbal update. I tried to install it 3 times. I tried 27 other things. The gimbal still has the shakes. The motors still won’t start due to a Battery Contact warning. Finally, Today I received some light at the end of the tunnel. Yuneec issued me an RMA#, and told me that a shipping label should be emailed to me shortly so that I can return my unhappy H3 for a new one. I hope it gets here soon.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal