Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H480

Why not Google the flight times, which are all ideal test condition times. The H is a more complete package with a proper controller, the Mantis I've read reports on range issues, so it won't be as good as a H, no six motors to help either, but very light and portable, if weight concerns you.

Why not Google the flight times, which are all ideal test condition times. The H is a more complete package with a proper controller, the Mantis I've read reports on range issues, so it won't be as good as a H, no six motors to help either, but very light and portable, if weight concerns you.
I wanted to see hear what an owner had to say about it

My h plus has a steady 19min flighttime at its minimum and my record on a sunny day was 25min, i fly in almost every weather exept mod to heavy rain. (Yes i have done flights in light rain no probs) i'm a owner for +/- 6 months and just north of 9 hours of flight time. I like the machine a lot, but im a little anoyed by it not having a few things that the H did have like cruise controle and follow mode on a thing or person not having the remote.. Hope yuneec will update this in the future.....

(Yes i do know that the H also did not have a follow mode for some one not in possesion of the st16, but it dit have the wizzard) for those waiting to burn me on my words [emoji6]

Reactions: DoomMeister
My h plus has a steady 19min flighttime at its minimum and my record on a sunny day was 25min, i fly in almost every weather exept mod to heavy rain. (Yes i have done flights in light rain no probs) i'm a owner for +/- 6 months and just north of 9 hours of flight time. I like the machine a lot, but im a little anoyed by it not having a few things that the H did have like cruise controle and follow mode on a thing or person not having the remote.. Hope yuneec will update this in the future.....
Tthanks for the info I bought mantis Q was pretty happy with it nothing like yours for the money was a decent drone I liked the flight close to 30 minutes video not to bad gave me Somthing to fly it was my first drone maybe some day I can upgrade

I wanted to see hear what an owner had to say about it
Because you will get varying flight times and range distances, from different users. Perhaps a rough average, as other have said, like comparing a SUV to a saloon car, different beasts.

Anyone know about the h480 how does it stand up to the mantis Q range flight time

hi Jerry,

As an owner of both the H480 and a Mantis Q, I can say this:

Flight Time: Mantis Q likely twice the flight time of the H480 (20 - 30 minutes vs 10 - 15 minutes) - The Mantis Q is but a bug on the props of the H480, so I hope it can stay aloft longer! :cool:

Range:
  • Actual control signal range - not relevant, because...
  • Visual range - H480 twice the visual of the Mantis Q if not more - based on the size of the two aircraft.
I know my eyes can see the H480 a heck of a lot better than the Mantis Q. I don't fly my Q nearly as far from me as the H480 because of this. I have had my H520 out about 2000 feet. That's about it. The H480 less.

Hope this helps the discussion.

Jeff

Anyone know about the h480 how does it stand up to the mantis Q range flight time
I have no idea about the Mantis Q. Don't own one and have never flown one. All I can do is talk about the H480.

The best ever flight time was 20 minutes and 6 seconds.

Furthest flown was 500m (1641 feet), the legal maximum range allowed in the U.K.. Still controllable at that range and still had strong video connection. So the H480 is good for any LOS operation.

As mentioned above, though. The two aircraft are not comparable.

It is very hard to compare them. They are ment for completly different use cases. Other than size, weight and fight time the Typhoon H is superior in my opinion.

It is very hard to compare them. They are ment for completly different use cases. Other than size, weight and fight time the Typhoon H is superior in my opinion.
With regard to VLOS range, the TH's size when compared to a Mantis Q would make it superior in that regard: Larger aircraft means that you can see it further out.

With regard to VLOS range, the TH's size when compared to a Mantis Q would make it superior in that regard: Larger aircraft means that you can see it further out.
It is also more stable during flight. Nevertheless it is more practical to have a smaller drone if you want to carry it with you.

It is also more stable during flight. Nevertheless it is more practical to have a smaller drone if you want to carry it with you.
I would agree with that. I can fly my TH in winds far stronger than than I can with my Phantom but my TH is more bulkier. However, If I fancy a fly when going out with my motorbike I take my (currently waiting for a repair) P2V+. No where near as bulky.

.......If I fancy a fly when going out with my motorbike I take my (currently waiting for a repair) P2V+.......

That’s what I bought the Mavic Air for.......fits in a pocket (cargo) or easily in a saddle bag. For quick and close selfies and follow me’s, you don’t even need the controller. It’s a brilliant little bird.

The Typhoon H480 flies well beyond the first low-batt warning. My experience has made me comfortable staying airborne until 16 - 18 minutes. I live in a very rural agricultural area, and I have flown the H480 out past 4000' on many occasions, and once as far as 5000' when I had an assured clear signal path. I have some vision issues and VLOS on the drone is a real problem for me. For that reason, I almost always fly with a SkyView FPW goggle set and lifting it up onto my forehead for takeoff, landing and obstacle avoidance safety. The VLOS rule is a bit silly. Before eyesight became marginal I had 30 years of flying R/C sailplanes. I'll guarantee you that when the craft is 2000' away, your depth perception for obstacle avoidance isn't worth 5 cents! I have run a test to see just how high it would climb before the battery became so depleted I had to reverse travel and descend for an immediate landing. I'm able to reach around 3000' AGL. There are few valid arguments for climbing this high as it uses most of your battery with nothing left to fight upper-level winds or traverse horizontally. Virtually ALL my flights are within 2500' and under 300' high for optimum image composition.

DJD
Typhoon H480 Pro w/ RealSense & UAV Toolbox (since 8/2018)
Typhoon Q500 4k w/ high-gain LR antennas (since 4/2017)

Attachments

• YUN66051_Moment(6).png
    YUN66051_Moment(6).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Keep flying to the battery warnings will have a detrimental effect in the end, the battery will be damaged and may suddenly lose voltage rapidly, and H can fall out of the sky, or become uncontrollable trying to land. A good regime is always to landed or close to you before the warnings. Better to fly again, than crash because you got a minutes extra flight.

The Typhoon H480 flies well beyond the first low-batt warning. My experience has made me comfortable staying airborne until 16 - 18 minutes. I live in a very rural agricultural area, and I have flown the H480 out past 4000' on many occasions, and once as far as 5000' when I had an assured clear signal path. I have some vision issues and VLOS on the drone is a real problem for me. For that reason, I almost always fly with a SkyView FPW goggle set and lifting it up onto my forehead for takeoff, landing and obstacle avoidance safety. The VLOS rule is a bit silly. Before eyesight became marginal I had 30 years of flying R/C sailplanes. I'll guarantee you that when the craft is 2000' away, your depth perception for obstacle avoidance isn't worth 5 cents! I have run a test to see just how high it would climb before the battery became so depleted I had to reverse travel and descend for an immediate landing. I'm able to reach around 3000' AGL. There are few valid arguments for climbing this high as it uses most of your battery with nothing left to fight upper-level winds or traverse horizontally. Virtually ALL my flights are within 2500' and under 300' high for optimum image composition.

DJD
Typhoon H480 Pro w/ RealSense & UAV Toolbox (since 8/2018)
Typhoon Q500 4k w/ high-gain LR antennas (since 4/2017)
It is my habit to be landed at 14.5v (or higher) so that means that if I'm using my older (to me) batteries I'm lucky to get much more than 12 minutes in the air...often lower. I'd love to get more time in the air but I'm not prepared to fly any closer to first warning so that I can avoid stressing those batteries. This practice seems to be paying off since those old batteries are all more than three and a half years old. OK, not as good flight times with them these days but they are still flyable. Rather than pushing them for an extra minute or so in the air, I simply land and shove a fresh battery in for an extra 10 or so minutes in the air...simple.

By the way, in my opinion there are absolutely no valid arguments for flying to 3000' AGL. You are well in to manned airspace at that height.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio