Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 and Reach RS trough RTK

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if there is a solution in order to get reach RS+ connected to the H520 for a better positioning?
Reach RS+ — Emlid

Best regards,
Gaëtan Fisse

I believe you need Reach M+ only if you want to turn h520 into a RTK drone.
Reach RS+ is just a ground station for a ground control points. Reach m+ is only $265.

If anybody finds a way to hook it up to h520 I would buy it in a bit for such a low price :)

May be try their forum. There is a question similar to yours left unanswered
Reach and Yuneec H520

However there are some posts for integrations with other drones and it may be possible to figure it how how to do it for yuneec drones from these posts.

The Rearch M+ only works with the base if you want RTK accuracy. You need both to give the drone centimeter accuracy.

May be it will be ok for PPK then.

There is a good guide how to use just two Reach M+ without emild base station. The second Reach M+ will be on the ground and act as their base station.

Reach Setup for PPK Processing on a UAV

Emild has a help page for PPK at How PPK works - Reach M+ docs

As they show on their pictures you do not need a real time connection between a drone module(Reach M+) and their base station for PPK. The only thing I cannot get is why there is any need to get a log from the base station in the office. Assuming that base station is always stationary this log will have only one set of coordinates repeated all the time. So may be, if you know a location of a simple GCP placed on the ground with a second Reach M+ sitting on it your should get great accuracy for PPK.

I guess the guide at the top my post explains just that. There is a lot of reading in this guide so I have just scanned it across but I have not read it in full yet.

Actually it pop ups another question: Why it cannot be used with just one Reach M+? You can simply position your drone with Reach M+ on a simple fixed GCP with a camera pointing straight down and take just one single shot of its centre. That will be a point of reference for your fixed GCP coordinates. And you can get an altitude of this shoot by measuring a distance from a drone camera to the GPC.

Because the correction is made based on the coordinates of the base. That is, the entire system depends on the database being as accurate as possible. It is possible to use a "simple" module, the M+ as a base and another as a rober. But why spend more and put a complete base? That's why, because the accuracy is much higher, then how you do the correction, in real time RTK or PPK posterity, I think it's less important. If you have a good connection to the network bases are equally reliable both. That's how I understand it.

If you are always going to fly in the same area, I don't know if you can, but it makes sense what you say, the point of the base would always be the same. Although I have seen tests with professional equipment RTK L1, L2 and then emild or drotek and have taken the data from the "cheap" databases. Anyway with this method you take away the virtue of mobility, you can't do it anywhere, only in those where you have a well-defined base point, in case you can, which I don't know.

I'm gonna put an RTK on one of my birds this year. But I have a terrible lack of time. We'll talk about it if you want, on the fly is how you learn the most. You learn by the nose with punches :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech