Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 and ST16s - problem with RC receiver

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem to bind the ST16s RX/TX with my H520 - only the 2.4Ghz band. I can see video stream, telemetry data, I can do calibrations, change settings and so on but I can not control the gimbal or the sticks and in the "Summary" tab the "Sensors Health" parameter for RC receiver is "Not Ready". The bird can not arm, nor be controlled and all LEDs are flashing yellow. Manual bind does not solve the problem. The problem occured out of nothing. I rechecked that all versions of firmware for both ST16s, H520 and E90 are up-to-date. Even all the android apps in the ST16s.

When the H520 is off, I can check all the sticks in RC Monitor to be working. While the ST16s is connected to drone (in fact just the telemetry and E90 camera is connected, there is video stream, but the gimbal can not be controlled), the RC Monitor does not show any response.

I opened the ST16s body to check inside if any wires connected to antennas are broken but everything seems to be fine.

Does anyone know where I can download previous versions of H520 flight controller and RC firmware? I can not find any repository while searching via Google. I would like to do downgrade firmware to check if it solves the problem. Otherwise I think that the drone should be sent to Yuneec service.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Probably best exit the flight mode app and to do a factory reset. Then reinstall DataPilot.

Did the problem appear just after some specific event, such as firmware upgrade, a crash, or any adjustments / calibrations?
No particular event that comes to my mind. There was no crash or settings change. The only thing that was extraordinary is that for past year I was flying only with E90 camera, but last week I wanted to do survey with my CGO-ET camera (which I really barely use). I suppose it happened while flying with CGO-ET camera during survey mission. I took off the drone manually and switched to mission mode, when drone ended mission it started RTL procedure. I always land manually while the drone is about 10-20 meteres above the ground so I always switch to angle/maual mode and it was the first time the drone DID NOT switched to desired mode and I could not manage to controll it with sticks. Fortunatelly, it just landed just like usual RTL landing procedure. I switched off the drone and blamed the CGO-ET camera which firmware was not up-to-date. Since then, the drone can not bind with ST16s on 2.4 Ghz band. I tested it both on E90 and CGO-ET camera which are now both up-to-date.

It may help to delete the existing model, create a new one, and bind to the new one.
How to do that? Do you mean to go android app and just "forget" connection via WiFi tab with the camera? It does not help. It is a little bit strange becouse the WIFI connections tab in the android tab see E90 camera but video stream is on 5.8 Ghz band and binds with it via 433Mhz telemetry. As far as I know Wifi is 2.4 Ghz so dont know why camera is visible there.
I also tested binding it without camera. Just turned on drone and tried manual bind in ST16s "Vehicle" tab -> manual bind. Nothing happened.

Probably best exit the flight mode app and to do a factory reset. Then reinstall DataPilot.
I would give a try.

Ok, guys, thanks for reply. There are some more informations about this problem I found out. Maybe this will help to solve the issue.
When I switched DataPilot to advanced more I went to console and discovered that the ST16s is constantly trying to bind with the H520.
The commands are following:
Intent to BIND state.
Sending: CMD_ENTER_BIND
Receivied change states response, TYPE_RSP: 102
New state: binding
Sending: CMD_START_BIND
(...)

See attached screens to check the all commands it sends. I also attached other screens that shows sensors healthy, RC monitor response and video/telemetry streams.
I am trying to contact Yuneec techinchal support but they are out of service today.

PS. There was one extraordinary message in the DataPilot console in advanced mode but I forget to do a screenshot but it was as following:
"Could not bind RC. Perform manual RC bind of Spektrum receiver."
Anyone knows where is Spektrum receiver and how to bind it?

Attachments

• IMG_20190816_090939_s.jpg
    IMG_20190816_090939_s.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20190816_091015_s.jpg
    IMG_20190816_091015_s.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20190816_091147_s.jpg
    IMG_20190816_091147_s.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20190816_091228_s.jpg
    IMG_20190816_091228_s.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20190816_091328_s.jpg
    IMG_20190816_091328_s.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I also had a problem changing mode and in my case the whole drone was frozen. I ran the RTL and got it back. In my case with a restart was solved. Because of my own experience with other bugs and because other colleagues have fixed it, it's best if you do what Steve told you. Make a Factory Reset of the ST16S, reinstall everything and you will solve it.

just got done with my own st16s h520 bind issue .however mine is a bit different had a hiccup with using the c23 on the h520 on 8-11and had to wait to today to try to pend it down. placed the e90 on the same h520 that blacked out on the c23 briefly and the e90 had a strange error. the e90 hesitated on data pilot and threw a new yellow message stating unable to get all parameters of copter. in the menu it was like it was in manual bind half the items were not there. was able to fly but got constant data link loss messages but the unit flew solid but the telemetry was spotty. threw the e90 on my main h520 that came from the terrestrial imaging repair shop. same thing happened. I checked for firmware that may be not updated every thing was up to date. tried my second st16s on both h520 with e90 same results. all firmware is recent all number match. It was only after I pulled the 64 gig sd card from the e90 a rebooted the camera that now has every thing back to normal with every thing listed on both st16s and on both h520 units.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It was only after I pulled the 64 gig sd card from the e90 a rebooted the camera that now has every thing back to normal with every thing listed on both st16s and on both h520 units.
I am amazed at the problems that can arise from the sd card. It's a curious anomaly.
had a hiccup with using the c23 on the h520 on 8-11
Can you explain this a bit more?

I've tried factory reset of ST16s. Unfortunatelly, it did not solve the problem.
Hmmm......Remove the camera, tap the Manual Bind button, turn the 520 upside down, then tap the Bind button again. Test the Landing gear to see if it is bound.

Hmmm......Remove the camera, tap the Manual Bind button, turn the 520 upside down, then tap the Bind button again. Test the Landing gear to see if it is bound.
As I described it precisely on the beggining, I've tried manual binding, I have also tried it now after factory reset, but it does not work.

A friend of mine lend me his H520 + ST16s set. I can easily connect my ST16s to his drone and to his camera, and also my camera and his drone and EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. I've tried many combinations (his camera + my drone etc.) BUT when I try to bind his ST16s controller to my drone, the issue is the same as with my controller - therefore I can not bind any ST16s controller to my drone.
Conclusion: my ST16s is fine, it works with other drones but there is something wrong with RC receiver in my drone - it can not be binded with any controller.

I would like to ask once again: does anyone know where I can download previous versions of firmware for H520? Or does anyone has any backup of old firmware versions on their HDD to share?

Thanks in advance.

Our partner @RkamilC has a nice Google Drive with all the documentation and old firmware where you will find what you are looking for.

Reactions: RkamilC
And now ? Is the problem solved ? Have the same problem with a H plus and getting crazy plus a very bad taste of the Hotline in Germany. I ran the last big Update and my H plus was no longer in the Air before, then 3 times up to 3 meters and ... minutes. Last weekend I finally want to go to fly with my son. Since then I have a red light on my Telemetry Antenna, 2.4 gHz. I reset the ST16S and ran all the turn over, green lights in 300 different situations. I downgraded the whole system to 11/2018 by loading file after file and while building up, step by step nd update, I tried to link ... Nothing. Camera working fine ... RC Connection not found. Help ;) Please ...

Attachments

• yun_1.png
    yun_1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • yun_2.png
    yun_2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • Yun_Last.png
    Yun_Last.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Hello,

I have a problem to bind the ST16s RX/TX with my H520 - only the 2.4Ghz band. I can see video stream, telemetry data, I can do calibrations, change settings and so on but I can not control the gimbal or the sticks and in the "Summary" tab the "Sensors Health" parameter for RC receiver is "Not Ready". The bird can not arm, nor be controlled and all LEDs are flashing yellow. Manual bind does not solve the problem. The problem occured out of nothing. I rechecked that all versions of firmware for both ST16s, H520 and E90 are up-to-date. Even all the android apps in the ST16s.

When the H520 is off, I can check all the sticks in RC Monitor to be working. While the ST16s is connected to drone (in fact just the telemetry and E90 camera is connected, there is video stream, but the gimbal can not be controlled), the RC Monitor does not show any response.

I opened the ST16s body to check inside if any wires connected to antennas are broken but everything seems to be fine.

Does anyone know where I can download previous versions of H520 flight controller and RC firmware? I can not find any repository while searching via Google. I would like to do downgrade firmware to check if it solves the problem. Otherwise I think that the drone should be sent to Yuneec service.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think your problem is the same as in this post here. H plus cannot link Copter anymore, Camera works fine (after latest, big Update)
Did you solve your problem? If yes let us know how you di-it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz