Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 battery issue

Reaction score
I did several searches but couldn't find exactly what I wanted to know, so here goes!

I purchased the Yuneec DY5 recently and put my six batteries through it for charging. Five of them took charge and balanced in the usual way, but one battery is showing two cells at 0.00V and two at 3.76V & 3.68V. I keep getting the message 'please check balport' then it try to charge again. This changes every 4 or 5 seconds.

Is my battery cooked or is there a way to bring it back into line?

Thanking you in anticipation :)

Last edited:
looks like you have a bad battery if five out of six charged as expected. the dy3 for h480 is fussy with h480 batteries time to time. bu the dy5 has been solid no issues for me.

Reactions: Addison
I suspected as much, I just found it odd as it's one of the newer batteries that I have at my disposal.

I strongly suggest you keep track of the internal resistance on these batteries. The cells can deteriorate even when they appear to charge okay. But you need a battery adapter for the LiHV batteries to test them.

This battery seems to be deeply discharged, so that the DY5 can no longer charge the cells.
With a professional charger with battery adapter, you can certainly bring it back to life.
Afterwards, however, check for possible cell drifts.
Such revived batteries should be used with caution (fly).

Best regards from Switzerland,
Enrico

Do you have a multimeter so you can manually check the individual cell voltages. I suspect you may have balancing contacts that are not lining up with the charger properly.

Do you have a multimeter so you can manually check the individual cell voltages. I suspect you may have balancing contacts that are not lining up with the charger properly.

I get these readings:
Cell 1: 3.73
Cell 2: 3.71
Cell 3: 0.00
Cell 4: 0.00

I will source some leads and see if I can get some charge into the dead cells. It will be useful to have a the battery as a back up for starting the craft, adjustments etc, although I wouldn't use it to fly if I can get it back into a normal state.

Thank you all for your replies, this is without doubt the best Yuneec site there is :)

I have had a problem like this battery and Yuneek Europe change me free of change.
Paolo, all my batteries are over three years old which is good in one way, they have been used extensively, and then bad in another way, will the other five now also give up the ghost on me :/

After receiving a message from a mod, I was reminded that the offending battery was left in the charger for a month or so back in February. Although the power source had been switched off, the battery was left in the cradle, oops!

There's a mistake I won't be making again :/

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
After receiving a message from a mod, I was reminded that the offending battery was left in the charger for a month or so back in February. Although the power source had been switched off, the battery was left in the cradle, oops!

There's a mistake I won't be making again :/
Hi there from Newbridge. What batteries are you usine? I have two OED's and two Giffin Power ones. Aldo their only maybe one year old they all seem fine. I make a habit of putting them into storage mode when I get home. I have the SkyRc Q200 four port charger which allows me to charge four batteries at a time so it's easy to just put them on charge while I'm having breakfast, they are fully charged in about one hour.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike

Hi there from Newbridge. What batteries are you usine? I have two OED's and two Giffin Power ones. Aldo their only maybe one year old they all seem fine. I make a habit of putting them into storage mode when I get home. I have the SkyRc Q200 four port charger which allows me to charge four batteries at a time so it's easy to just put them on charge while I'm having breakfast, they are fully charged in about one hour.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike
I do the same, although I have had better experiences with the GIFI POWER than with the originals.
This concerns the batteries from the H520 and the batteries from the TH PLUS

Greetings Enrico

I do the same, although I have had better experiences with the GIFI POWER than with the originals.
This concerns the batteries from the H520 and the batteries from the TH PLUS

Greetings Enrico
Hi Greetings. I have the H Plus and the batteries are the LiHV OEM's and the Gifi Power LiHV-7900. These batteries are the same as used on the H520.
What problems have you experienced with the Gifi Power ones??
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike
Mike, All the batteries are straight from Yuneec and just over three years old.

I have always used the one battery cradle charger that Yuneec supplied with the drone until this week when I purchased the DY5.

I haven't used Yuneec since June as I have been using my solo 3DR for filming on the bog.

Interestingly enough, I have been sent a link to a Chinese firm selling GIFI Power batteries 92 ponds sterling delivered world wide. I'm not a fan of aftermarket batteries due to pervious experience with other devices mainly Canon cameras, but I might try one to see how they fair.

BTW I'm a plastic paddy living in Offaly for the last three years ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
Hi Greetings. I have the H Plus and the hatteries are the LiHV OEM's and the Gifi Power LiHV-7900. These batteries are the same as used on the H520.
What problems have you experienced with the Gifi Power ones??
Cheers.
Mike
This is a misunderstanding, maybe because I translate my German text with DeePL.

I have no problems with the GIFI POWER batteries... rather with the originals from Yuneec, which inflate faster, although I treat them the same... so only kurt before use charge and always store in storage mode.

This is a misunderstanding, maybe because I translate my German text with DeePL.

I have no problems with the GIFI POWER batteries... rather with the originals from Yuneec, which inflate faster, although I treat them the same... so only kurt before use charge and always store in storage mode.
Hi Greetings. No problem, just glad I don't tafta translate English to German ;)
Best wishes.
Mike

Mike, All the batteries are straight from Yuneec and just over three years old.

I have always used the one battery cradle charger that Yuneec supplied with the drone until this week when I purchased the DY5.

I haven't used Yuneec since June as I have been using my solo 3DR for filming on the bog.

Interestingly enough, I have been sent a link to a Chinese firm selling GIFI Power batteries 92 ponds sterling delivered world wide. I'm not a fan of aftermarket batteries due to pervious experience with other devices mainly Canon cameras, but I might try one to see how they fair.

BTW I'm a plastic paddy living in Offaly for the last three years ;)
I'm originally from the big smoke living in Newbridge for the last thirty years, but still a Dub ?
The problem with the original charger is you cant put the batteries into storage node. This is a very big problem for the longevity of the batteries. I'm surprised that your batteries have lasted that long. We must meet up sometime over the summer.
Best regards.
Mike

I'm originally from the big smoke living in Newbridge for the last thirty years, but still a Dub ?
The problem with the original charger is you cant put the batteries into storage node. This is a very big problem for the longevity of the batteries. I'm surprised that your batteries have lasted that long. We must meet up sometime over the summer.
Best regards.
Mike
To be honest, I wasn't aware that batteries benefit from 'proper' storage Mike and only found out about it recently!

I would use and deplete all six batteries and leave them until I wanted to use the drone again then recharge them that day.

Buying the DY5 will should prolong the five good ones I have left.

Yep, see you in the Summer sometime for a pint and a pie :)

• Love
Reactions: Steve Carr
Sorry to revive an old post. I have two dead GIFI that I left in the DY5 to long and wondering if there is maybe a video showing a way to use low voltage like a 9V to try to put a bit of charge in and where to plug in the wires? I don't have an adapter but do have a Fluke meter for testing the cells. I was going off of https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/1fb3081a-d27c-412b-8754-df9dfc6e20e4-jpeg.27650/ but I am not sure if I should just plug into each end or should the positive be on the one end and negative needs to go into each of the slots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval