Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Bricked??

Reaction score
I have had all sorts of problems since my latest upgrade in attemps to wind it all back so it works again I find I can no longer bind my camera to the h520 although it does bind manually to fly with out the camera any help would be extremely appreciated as I have rest st16 and started from scratch but nothing works

Does you camera WIFI show up when you go to "Link Management" from the main screen?
Does it show up under "WI-FI" on the settings screen?
Is your camera an E90?

Camera shows up and links it is an E90 getting wifi feed from camera to st16 but also no gimble at all I really am at wits end with it as it has been such a reliable unit untill i did the upgrade 4 weeks ago

Yes, and four weeks ago I suggested you have a broken main ribbon in your camera. But you never replied. The "Beeps of death" you described at the time are the "IMU Failure" code.
Are you still getting the same codes?
Did you do a compass calibration after that first update? Did you do it with the camera mounted and not secured? (Gimbal lock not installed.)

No beeps but the gimble was working after I did a reset on the camera .Sorry I thought I had replied maybe forgot to hit post this only happened yesterday and all calibrations were redone just as a precautionary method

There is a very small pinhole on the rear arm. Left side, about 3/4 of the way up. There is an LED on the inside, under the pinhole. What color and pattern is the LED flashing when you power up the camera?

There is a very small pinhole on the rear arm. Left side, about 3/4 of the way up. There is an LED on the inside, under the pinhole. What color and pattern is the LED flashing when you power up the camera?
The very very small hole is just flashing like a car blinker turn indicator and red in color.

Sounds like the gimbal board is bricked. Granted, corrupted firmware can imitate pretty much any hardware problem, but the history you have documented fits the pattern of a failing, then failed main ribbon. The ribbon carries EVERYTHING between the camera (and the SD card) and the gimbal and drone. Including the IMU signal for the gimbal (the first set of codes you heard) and the updates for both the gimbal and the drone. There are something like 2 dozen small conductors in that very thin ribbon. When the ribbons first begin to crack, the broken ends sometimes mate up, and the camera will work for awhile. Then less often, eventually not at all. One of the first things to go is the ability to update the gimbal or the drone or both. As other conductors fail, other things quit working. It is even possible to get short circuits if the wrong conductors line up across the break.
It would be my advice to send it for repair. The ribbon is actually two ribbons in series, connected together under the left hub. The shorter ribbon is subject to failure when the pitch gets moved around too much. The longer ribbon gets damaged if the "Roll" joint gets moved around. Both joints can get a big workout during compass calibration.
Unfortunately, the ribbons are hard to install. Worse, they are hard to find. Especially the short one. The gimbal board might actually be OK, but maybe not. This would be an especially difficult and expensive Easter Egg hunt unless you find a shop that can identify any/all failed components. It could be only one, or it could be all three. The camera will have to be dismantled to know.

Many thanks your help was much appreciated I am not aware of any yuneec dealers that are still in business here in Australia might have to buy an inspire thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval