Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 CAMERA

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Yuneec made their cameras locked to the Typhoon and H520 such as DJI did?

The cameras are built into the gimbal, so you need a suitable mounting. You also need the right software to control the camera once it's powered up. So it's pretty difficult to use Yuneec cameras without their app and either the hand mount or a Yuneec drone.

I don't think it's really a 'lock out', so much as the cameras are designed to work with the drones.

The cameras are built into the gimbal, so you need a suitable mounting. You also need the right software to control the camera once it's powered up. So it's pretty difficult to use Yuneec cameras without their app and either the hand mount or a Yuneec drone.

I don't think it's really a 'lock out', so much as the cameras are designed to work with the drones.

I'd order the mounting kit for the gimbal/camera and adapt it to my application. If there is no firmware limitation it would seem plausible to use with Arducopter and tune it.

Counting on the fact that the platform is based on PX4 is not so crazy, it could be very interesting.............

This is an interesting fact to keep in mind. The E90 camera weighs 75 grams more than the E50 camera and according to the official website this translates into 3 minutes less autonomy.

E50 -> 275 gr -> 28 minutes flight time
E90 -> 350 gr -> 25 minutes flight time

I think it's a big difference in autonomy for such a small difference in weight....

This is an interesting fact to keep in mind. The E90 camera weighs 75 grams more than the E50 camera and according to the official website this translates into 3 minutes less autonomy.

E50 -> 275 gr -> 28 minutes flight time
E90 -> 350 gr -> 25 minutes flight time

I think it's a big difference in autonomy for such a small difference in weight....

It's also a 'faster' camera, so will be using more power to run, as well as having a different wireless link.

Totally Doable.
One caveat.
You will need to have to controllers.
The ST16 to control and bind to the camera and the controller for the after market drone.
You only need to have a power source into the mounting base plate.
Good luck

First post! Would the H 520 work with the older cgo3 cam/hand grip combo I just bought on eBay? Did yuneec block the H520 from the lower level legacy gimbals? I don't own a drone yet

First post! Would the H 520 work with the older cgo3 cam/hand grip combo I just bought on eBay? Did yuneec block the H520 from the lower level legacy gimbals? I don't own a drone yet

The hand grip does not work with the newer CGO3+ cameras, and may not even fit the H520's E90 camera as that has a different gimbal design. It's not blocked, just not supported.

Reactions: Rayray
Tuna. This is incorrect.
The CGO3+ Can work.
Here are my videos proving it.
And then one showing the limiting function.

Again all they basically do is send power to the camera. The extra is the signal which causes the camera to be moved vertically.

There is no reason that this will also not work with the E50 E90 and since I have an ET I will try it and confirm if it works.
The party that might be the downfall is only the App Werther it supports the cameras.
However you don't need the app if you just use your ST16.

Tuna. This is incorrect.
The CGO3+ Can work.
Here are my videos proving it.
And then one showing the limiting function.

Again all they basically do is send power to the camera. The extra is the signal which causes the camera to be moved vertically.

There is no reason that this will also not work with the E50 E90 and since I have an ET I will try it and confirm if it works.
The party that might be the downfall is only the App Werther it supports the cameras.
However you don't need the app if you just use your ST16.

I should perhaps have been more clear. The handset does not support full control of the newer cameras (you cannot look up or down). That's a pretty big omission.

The E90 has a wifi antenna that hangs below the gimbal. I'm pretty sure it will not fit with the SteadyGrip.

The hand grip does not work with the newer CGO3+ cameras, and may not even fit the H520's E90 camera as that has a different gimbal design. It's not blocked, just not supported.

For me the lipo hand grip does work with the newer CGO3+ camera, you can use all the functions including looking up and down.

Tuna you are right the E90 would more than Lily not work due to the antenna bump.....
But since it is a different shape and not the round ball.. then I'll have to try it out when I get one in late September.

Thanks for the info on the hand grip. My question is has Yuneec blocked the new H520 from using the legacy CGO gimbals? Are the new 2017 gimbals/cameras the only choice for the H520? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones