Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 orange casing?

A picture is worth a thousand words!
I went a step further and swapped out the motor arms too. Every little bit helps. Was going to paint the orange parts of the arms, but couldn't find an orange that was close enough. Vertigo Drones had the empty arms and they were cheap so I went for the whole package.ScreenHunter_6114 Jan. 05 03.24.jpg

I'm not a fan of orange, I like the dark gray far better, but this is a case of necessity, so I'll learn to like it aesthetically eventually I hope. In the meantime, I'm exited with how visible it is now! WoW! it really POPS against any background.

If anyone is interested in seeing the inside the Plus, I posted some photos of the points of interest I found inside here on @Ty Pilot's post: First Flight Impressions of the Plus.

A picture is worth a thousand words!
I went a step further and swapped out the motor arms too. Every little bit helps. Was going to paint the orange parts of the arms, but couldn't find an orange that was close enough. Vertigo Drones had the empty arms and they were cheap so I went for the whole package.View attachment 13540
Did you also paint the prop tips? Or, are there props out there with these already painted?

@DHC Thanks for posting the pictures! I like the orange myself.

Looks like you have the antenna mod also? Is it the same mod from the 480?

Did you also paint the prop tips? Or, are there props out there with these already painted?
I painted them. I paint all my props for all my flying craft. It started as a visual fascination many years ago and has just been a habit since, I really like seeing where the props are and just love the yellow hoops! But after "The Hand Catch From Hɇll" yesterday, I am so glad I did!!!

I found myself with the Plus not landing or responding to the Kill Button, so I had to hand catch it and reach under the "Umbrella of spinning knifes" to power it off. Not once, but TWICE while trying to keep my face out of the blender!:eek: The power button was also unresponsive so I had to change hands on the strut so I could defy death a second time and try to pull battery, while the Plus was struggling to get away. Those yellow hoops I painted for looks really saved my bacon and my fingers! The bird was unscathed and I still have all 9 fingers! ...Hey wait a minute!! Oh, there it is up my nose!;)
..So it's all good!

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianA.
@DHC Thanks for posting the pictures! I like the orange myself.

Looks like you have the antenna mod also? Is it the same mod from the 480?
The Orange is growing on me by the day, started looking for an orange paint to do the prop tips with.

That is not the antenna mod, those are the stock straws, must be shadows playing tricks. After looking inside, I see no reason why you can't put the 480 mod on the Plus radio. It's even easier because you don't have to fuss with the 2-sided tape and heat shrink.

Last edited:
t appears the H shell will work on the Plus as well.
Yes, without a doubt. And the H520 shell will also fit the H480.
The only physical difference I can see between the 480mm and the 520mm craft is the air frame and motor arm length. The 520mm airframe uses the identical location for the body screws, so any body will fit either frame. Of course the main board is different as well as the motors, props, and GPS board. But aside from that everything else is interchangeable, landing gear, batteries, even the prop adapters are the same from the 480 thru the 520. Meaning you could put either prop on either aircraft, but I would not recommend that for either one!

Huh????!!!! This is better than my skins, and the price is right. Thanks for sharing this. #iappreciateyou

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold