Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 takes off directly after start button on ST16 pushed

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what I could do because My H520 takes off directly after start button on ST16 pushed without any possibility to stop it.
Thank you

Never seen and heard!
First, try to recalibrate the joysticks to put everything back to neutral.
Maybe the throttle is shifted up, which sends the take-off command.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Never seen and heard!
First, try to recalibrate the joysticks to put everything back to neutral.
Maybe the throttle is shifted up, which sends the take-off command.
Thanks a lot for your quick answer !
It's seems to be a very good solution but could you tell me how to do it because I don't find out in the manual ?

The instructions for that are in the manual. You have to access the advanced menu to get to it. I would suggest once you get to the advanced menu, enter the RC Monitor first and see how the sticks respond. Stir them well and watch the response as you move them through full deflection. Make sure they track your movements and return to center. If the response is sluggish, or jerky, or doesn't return to center clean the potentiometers on the sticks, then use the RC monitor again to see if things are better.

If things look good in the RC Monitor try arming the motors and see if the aircraft still tries to launch. If the problem persists then attempt the calibration.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The instructions for that are in the manual. You have to access the advanced menu to get to it. I would suggest once you get to the advanced menu, enter the RC Monitor first and see how the sticks respond. Stir them well and watch the response as you move them through full deflection. Make sure they track your movements and return to center. If the response is sluggish, or jerky, or doesn't return to center clean the potentiometers on the sticks, then use the RC monitor again to see if things are better.

If things look good in the RC Monitor try arming the motors and see if the aircraft still tries to launch. If the problem persists then attempt the calibration.
I got it !!!! I just need to redo a flight test but thank you for the trick.

I got it !!!! I just need to redo a flight test but thank you for the trick.
But honestly, I red the manual several times and I didn't found any information about the advanced menu and how to access it....
English manual v1.1.8

Thanks a lot for your help. It works !
But I've just noticed that I don't have access to all parameters. I use the H520 without a camera and some items are not available in the menu (basic and extended). For example, I don't have access to RC mode, sensors, safety,... Do you know why ? Is it a question of firmware or due to I don't have a camera (manual binding) ? My reseller told me to not update the H520 and ST16 firmwares as long as a camera is not connected...
Thanks a lot for your advice.

Normally you should be able to calibrate the radio because this function is done with the H520 turned off.
Do the potentiometers on the ST-16S get sticky and unresponsive if they aren’t used for awhile? Will a vigorous stirring of the sticks before flight usually help them respond properly? The ST-16 for the H480’s is notorious for this condition.

Reactions: Arolla2200

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annamiller