Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E subframe recall

Reaction score
Did anyone else get this email?

<<
To our H520E customers:

Advanced Technology Labs | YUNEEC has discovered a mechanical defect in early production runs of our H520E and H520E RTK products that could potentially cause loss of power during flight. You have been identified as an owner that could be impacted.

There is now an improved internal subframe that solves this issue. An upgrade is available to you at no charge.

Please complete and return the attached form to [email protected]. You will then receive a shipping label to send your airframe to a certified repair center where it will be repaired and returned within five business days, not including the days in transit to and from the repair facility.

Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

ATL Americas | YUNEEC

We had some knowledge of this awhile back, but I’m certain there was some testing done to ensure the fix was viable.

The issue of the power problems can be found in the H520e forums dealing with the battery connector melting.

Good to see they are contacting owners to resolve this issue.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I suspect it will be sent to Vertigo Drones. If it ends up being a different facility, please let us know.

Teníamos algún conocimiento de esto hace un tiempo, pero estoy seguro de que se realizaron algunas pruebas para garantizar que la solución fuera viable.

El problema de los problemas de energía se puede encontrar en los foros de H520e que tratan sobre la fusión del conector de la batería.

Es bueno ver que se están comunicando con los propietarios para resolver este problema.

Esto no así. No es cierto lo de H520e, Cuidado

Translation:
This is not like that. H520e is not true, be careful

Last edited by a moderator:
Esto no así. No es cierto lo de H520e, Cuidado

Translation:
This is not like that. H520e is not true, be careful
Sorry, but I know for fact this is true.

Do you have a source of information to refute that?

<<
To our H520E customers:

Advanced Technology Labs | YUNEEC has discovered a mechanical defect in early production runs of our H520E and H520E RTK products that could potentially cause loss of power during flight. You have been identified as an owner that could be impacted.

There is now an improved internal subframe that solves this issue. An upgrade is available to you at no charge.

Please complete and return the attached form to [email protected]. You will then receive a shipping label to send your airframe to a certified repair center where it will be repaired and returned within five business days, not including the days in transit to and from the repair facility.

Thanks,

ATL Americas | YUNEEC
Finally, I had to go through this the hard way after my my bird crashed and I'm still having problems with my camera after the repairs were made. However I like to thank Advanced Technology Labs for helping through this process but please make sure the repair center that works on your aircraft get everything after a crash. I'm currently having new problems with my camera but the bird flies great so I wish everyone good luck with the upgrade process if you want to know my story lookup H520e power loss at low altitude.

Take care!

Johnny

well if it's a internal frame issue it will have an effect on my 520e that has been converted to use h520 first gen power source. it still has suspected internal frame that said to trigger power problems. so Far no issues with the conversion on that unit. weather to cold to vet the h520e rtk with the new internal frame installed by vertigo drones upon purchase of it.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Interesting...
I am a Commercial Yuneec dealer... have already sold some H520E /RTK and have not been contacted by Yuneec regarding an upgrade.

Best regards,
Enrico

Reactions: andyalex
Interesting...
I am a Commercial Yuneec dealer... have already sold some H520E /RTK and have not been contacted by Yuneec regarding an upgrade.

Best regards,
Enrico
I'm getting skeptical myself. I've sent off the form they sent me, twice now, and haven't heard a word from them.
Andy

I'm getting skeptical myself. I've sent off the form they sent me, twice now, and haven't heard a word from them.
Andy
I would suggest calling and asking why there has been no response.

1-888-912-4886

Thanks. I did call a few times, kept getting busy signals. But it just so happens, that I just got a response to my second email, from Jennifer, saying they'll send it out today.

Thanks
Andy

Reactions: DoomMeister
They are sending a mailing label and I have to ship it to them. They'll replace and send it back. I hope.

They say 5-7 days, not counting shipping time.

Reactions: WTFDproject

<<
To our H520E customers:

Thanks,

ATL Americas | YUNEEC
Yeah but we found out the hard way twice. The frame is actually from the Typhoon H3 so being that it came out first with the new batteries I wonder why the section was made to change it. We've been running the new frame for almost 3 months (90 missions) and the battery terminals no longer get hot to the touch.

Last edited:
Yeah but we found out the hard way twice. The frame is actually from the Typhoon H3 so being that it came out first withe the new batteries I wonder why the section was made to change it. We've been running the new frame for almost 3 months (90 missions) and the battery terminals no longer get hot to the touch.
Good to hear that the new frame is working well. After I got the email I was afraid to fly it, but I've been lucky so far. Hope it comes back soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval