Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E subframe recall

Interesting...
I am a Commercial Yuneec dealer... have already sold some H520E /RTK and have not been contacted by Yuneec regarding an upgrade.

Best regards,
Enrico
I just bought an H520E from the US Yuneec website. I sure hope the problems I have been reading about have been corrected before shipment of new units. My drone is still with UPS, getting it Thursday.

The drone came back the other day. Flew it around a little by itself, then put the thermal mods back on, that I had on there before. All seems fine so far.

Andy
What are the Thermal Modes that you mention? My new H520E arrives on Thursday of this week.

What are the Thermal Modes that you mention? My new H520E arrives on Thursday of this week.
Thermal camera modifications.

Here is the original thread for that.

But since I had to take everything off to send the drone in, I made version 2.0 on the boxes and brackets I had made. So it looks a lot cleaner and more professional now.

I did all that because I already had the Flir Vue Pro, so just needed to get it in the air. Cheaper than the DJI options.

Reactions: Tom Henderson
How do I determine if my H520E is included in this recall?
I would send an email to the address you quoted in your post and ask them. There should be a range of Product ID’s affected. When, where, and from whom did you purchase your H520E?

Reactions: chascoadmin
I would send an email to the address you quoted in your post and ask them. There should be a range of Product ID’s affected. When, where, and from whom did you purchase your H520E?
Yes, that's about the only way I can see about asking.

I actually didn't even know about this, and they contacted me about it.

got about 12 flights on the h520e rtk that has the new subframe so far I have no issues with the flight battery heads.
I put about 30 on ours after the replacement before I noticed but I'm pretty sure I caught it on the flight that it happened on because you can feel that it melted and is harder to get out. I reluctantly ran another battery and it was fine. The connector was not hot at all. I finished the mission with two more batteries and the last one did it again. I also noticed that the two batteries that burnt had a small gap between the cases and the underside of the connector... I am starting to have the felling that it could be just as much if not more on the battery/connector side. We already know the +/- are too close to each other but there should not be that much heat being generated unless there is a short or the wiring and connections are too small to handle the bursts of consumption. I am supposed to be getting a replacement unit so we'll see how it goes.

On a different note - Did anyone see the DJI Matrice 30 reveal? I find it interesting how they decided on a mid-size format that is about 2-3cm wider than the H520's and a remote that looks like an updated version of the ST16E. I was disappointed that there wasn't a Lidar option.

I am thinking the new subframe did not address the entire vibration issue. the connector head itself has no antivibration quality the battery pins on the drone side may still be subject to fine vibration that may lead to failure. the only way is to make the frame a complete 2 piece unit with antivibration damper between the entire frame that holds the mainboard and the complete frame the houses only the battery including the battery plug.

I am thinking the new subframe did not address the entire vibration issue. the connector head itself has no antivibration quality the battery pins on the drone side may still be subject to fine vibration that may lead to failure. the only way is to make the frame a complete 2 piece unit with antivibration damper between the entire frame that holds the mainboard and the complete frame the houses only the battery including the battery plug.
Or admit the new style connector is a bomb and go back to the Dean’s style connector that has worked for years in the other H series aircraft.

• Haha
Reactions: chascoadmin
well I need to shake out the h520e that I had them place the deans connector and see if those battery heads get damaged or loosen at the plug.
I think it may have been discussed when you had it changed to the Deans style, but can you adjust your low voltage warning points to accommodate the lower voltage batteries!? Or do you find that to be unnecessary?

okay the flights went very well the. gimbal repair done by vertigo drones had fixed the issue I had with non rtk h520e. after the flights the h480 6300mah batteries are holding were I like them at flown to the 20 percent mark with e30zx. on the charger they state around 33 to 34 percent. on my end I am not going to make changes due to the higher voltage 15.2 7900mah venom went down to 20 percent on the charger flown with same payload but 5 min longer to hit the 20 percdent mark. granted the ultra x h480 that were flown are about 3 to 5 years old. and are still holding up strong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval