Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hand Held

Reaction score
First off, I am new at the whole drone thing having first bought a lightweight 4 motor baby which got blown away anytime someone nearby sneezed.
Then I got my new baby, a Typhoon H Pro kit. (I'm in lurrrrvvv)
As I understand it The Steady Cam came out back in the dark ages and the Action Cam followed not long after some 4-5 years ago.
It would seem that Yuneec are in no way interested in adapting this to later models.
I have read a lot of threads where it is said that you cannot connect a CGO3+ to either unit.
I have also seen youtube videos which show the opposite (usually with mods either to battery and/or breaking some part of the unit)
As I understand it you would only need left/right pan (maybe 270 degrees) and tilt (about 90 degrees) plus power of course

The ActionCam would seem to be the device of choice given the rechargeable Li-ion battery.
The ONLY problem with the ActionCam seems to be that you can't buy it without the CGO3 camera (dumb idea Yuneec)
Why not sell a base unit with swap out adaptor plates for any camera you supply? Duhhh!!!

First questions.
What are the 3 connectors on the CG03 for and what are the 6 connectors on the CGO3+ for???
Can the CGO3 slide on connector on the ActionCam be swapped out for a CGO3+ connector and what wiring mods would be required to satisfy the 3 requirement above (pan/tilt/power)?? Oh and single shot stills and video start/stop which I assume are in the device anyway.
Could a slide on adaptor plate be printed to allow the CGO3+ to be connected??
Having my CGO3+ with 4K/12mp transferable to a hand mount would be far far preferable to carrying around an extra bag full of heavy digital still/video cams and lenses
ALL comments, criticisms, suggestions etc etc gratefully received
If I have missed something earth shattering in my research please point me in the right direction
Cheers all
Pete

Hi. I use the hand held unit that came with a Q500 4k with the CGO3+ from my Typhoon H with no problems at all. [emoji16]

Hi. I use the hand held unit that came with a Q500 4k with the CGO3+ from my Typhoon H with no problems at all. [emoji16]

Hi cb
Is that the Steady grip or the ActionCam model.?
Does it take multiple batteries or has it got the Li-ion?
What controls do you have??
Thanks for any info
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: cbphoto2006
Hi sorry its the steady grip, I use it with 8 rechargeable batteries and it works spot on.

I have read a lot of threads where it is said that you cannot connect a CGO3+ to either unit.
I have also seen youtube videos which show the opposite (usually with mods either to battery and/or breaking some part of the unit)
As I understand it you would only need left/right pan (maybe 270 degrees) and tilt (about 90 degrees) plus power of course

Please post the threads that state you cannot use either unit with the CGO3+ camera. Both units will work with the CGO3+... both units only give the operator tilt control... no pan control, as being a handheld unit either grip can be "panned" left or right by the operator.

The only difference in the units is the available power supply, which will determine how long the grip will operate. The app providing camera controls is flaky with various phones/tablets used, particularly the Android versions... sometimes you need a different device... sometimes you need an older APK file of the app to successfully connect to the camera.

The grip can be converted to use a lithium ion battery without much difficulty. I would suggest Li-ion rather than Lipo.
The 3 contact connector would sometimes lose connection so they added 3 more contacts for redundancy.

How recently purchased? New... refurb? Have you contacted the dealer?

And you have contacted the seller?

I have had a different experience... tilt has not been an issue on the Actioncam I have.

Yes... when I owned the CGO3+.

OK!!!
Probably too much rambling in my original post...apologies.
My desire is to have the ActionCam due to the Li-ion battery.
EE...You are saying that you had NO problems with connecting the ActionCam and the CGO3+ and that you had full control over the camera!!?
I have spent a number of hours searching and CANNOT find the ActionCam hand grip WITHOUT the camera.
Does anyone know if the ActionCam grip is available without the camera????
My logic dictates that I do not wish to spend nearly $1000AU on a grip/camera on the off-chance it will FULLY work and also have to try and sell an old camera that no-one wants. Not cost effective.
EE: the posts mentioned were back in 2014/5 and were probably correct at the time and referring to the SteadyGrip. Technology has moved on from the dinosaur age and I was hoping it to be more useable than it seems
cheers

Oh trust me I had problems... took a month of trying 3 different tablets, and several versions of the Android app to get functionality from the setup... most of it ended up being compatibility with the app version... I did not have a need to try the 01/2018 updated version, before I sold the Typhoon H and corresponding CGO3+.

And while technically it was fully functional as far as tilt, the tilt range was never as far as while on the H... mostly in the grip design itself... also the grip never offered any pan function. There were several issues with the app itself... significant lag between real time and imagery shown on the app screen, more limited exposure control, etc.

Reactions: TyphoonPete
Oh trust me I had problems... took a month of trying 3 different tablets, and several versions of the Android app to get functionality from the setup... most of it ended up being compatibility with the app version... I did not have a need to try the 01/2018 updated version, before I sold the Typhoon H and corresponding CGO3+.

And while technically it was fully functional as far as tilt, the tilt range was never as far as while on the H... mostly in the grip design itself... also the grip never offered any pan function. There were several issues with the app itself... significant lag between real time and imagery shown on the app screen, more limited exposure control, etc.

Thanks for the heads-up
Much appreciated
cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval