Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hands On With the Yuneec Tornado H920

thanks for that but to be honest I abandoned my purchase of the 920 due to problems people seemed to be having and decided to keep the money for thermal imaging platform instead. Still have my GH4 on my 1000+ to which I might fit the A3 Pro controller
Can I ask what problems people were having? There doesn't seem to be much online to read.

Can I ask what problems people were having? There doesn't seem to be much online to read.

to be honest i dont think they were major things just typical new platform niggles like vibrations, camera settings, optical zoom problems, manual settings problems, sd card problems, nothing of a serious nature but it was almost an impulse buy which I didnt really need as much as I love the look of it.......but it was enough to make me ask the question did I really need one and answer was no I have other priorities

to be honest i dont think they were major things just typical new platform niggles like vibrations, camera settings, optical zoom problems, manual settings problems, sd card problems, nothing of a serious nature but it was almost an impulse buy which I didnt really need as much as I love the look of it.......but it was enough to make me ask the question did I really need one and answer was no I have other priorities
Fair enough. I must admit I love my Inspire Pro but crashed it and need to either replace it or buy the Tornado which I love the look of. I like the size of it and as a commercial operator, it looks like a real pro machine. Good for clients and not a toy as a lot of people think. a lot of people cant handle the Inspire Pro either and have troubles but they dont realise that the X5 needs someone that can use a camera. They think they can just point and shoot like a P3. I have never used the GH4 but I know its 4k and is a very good camera. I will have to wait and see what happens.

No avoidance sensors no. You do know you can only change cameras on the GB603 gimbal as the CGO4 is proprietary setup. Yes the X5 is a nice camera but if the CGO4 is anything like a GH4 that would be my preferred choice, although that setup would be more expensive than the Inspire Pro. I will be ordering the GB603 setup because we have a GH4 but I can see the merits of the Inspire. Hard choice if I was in your shoes lol.
From what I have read and seen online, the CGO4 lens can be changed. The zoom lens is actually a 14-42 which I have for my X5. Its the GH4 that has limited operation from the controller. I dont think the GH4 option is anywhere good enough if it cant be controlled from the ground.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval