Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone used Vufine?, if so how do you like it?

Reaction score
Trying to find out if anyone used this product before and if so how do you like it. Seems like a good alternative to full FPV goggles except I'm not sure if it would be completely useful as the screen is pretty small and you really can't make out any of the text. However from a video stand point it looks fine if your just trying to view the camera image and nothing else. I took my ST-16 to the store to play around with it but no real world experience. If you guys have any hands in actually trying it out in the field your input would be appreciated thanks.

Here is a link. Vufine

I would contact them first to find out if it's compatible with the ST16. Some displays don't work with the controller HDMI output.

It works fine as I noted I played with it at the store with my ST-16 attached. Just the text (alt, distance, etc.) was hard to make out, it maybe for some that it's OK, because I wear reading glasses. The video from the center screen was fine, easy to see would be nice if I could just output the camera video only without the flight data and keep that on the controller so I could look down at it. I played a video back from one of my flights and it was OK.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I believe Bo Lorentzen the FPV guy uses them. He said he really like his be it gave him just enough video and he could still focus on the TH

What store'?
Also you can disable the text on the screen by double tapping the screen.this will give you a better/bigger picture

Here is his post from Facebook

Im sure you all have seen the Vufine before already.
very cool little concept, I have been using it lately and am enjoying how it work with the H ST16 straight out of the box. the screen is very small, but enough to frame the shot and "see" what the camera sees without having a big shot, I can read the text, but just barely.
the upside is that I can fly LOS with eyes on the bird and still have a "feeling" what the camera is seeing, its not adequate for cinematography framing and camera work. but good for framing real-estate shots.
more coming, as always stay tuned to my blog & YouTube.com/bophoto

13501920_10154270755699629_8950584519617041487_n.jpg

Reactions: eric bee
well, I bought one, but for me it is not usable. Much to small to follow for me. The st16 is in a high resolution, so the result is hard to see. I wear glasses, and there is no dioptrie setting in the vuefine. So I think to sell mine. Maybe for others it is ideal, but for me not.
I bought it beause a fpv glasses was a lot more expensive.

Here is his post from Facebook

Im sure you all have seen the Vufine before already.
very cool little concept, I have been using it lately and am enjoying how it work with the H ST16 straight out of the box. the screen is very small, but enough to frame the shot and "see" what the camera sees without having a big shot, I can read the text, but just barely.
the upside is that I can fly LOS with eyes on the bird and still have a "feeling" what the camera is seeing, its not adequate for cinematography framing and camera work. but good for framing real-estate shots.
more coming, as always stay tuned to my blog & YouTube.com/bophoto

View attachment 2151

Yeah, I remember him mentioning it in the video where he changed out the lens on the camera but he didn't elaborate on it. Thanks for the information.

Last edited:
What store'?
Also you can disable the text on the screen by double tapping the screen.this will give you a better/bigger picture

In the bay area we have these stores "B8ta" they have a bunch of new tech all for you to try out. Pretty neat store looks, like they try to mimic an apple store.

well, I bought one, but for me it is not usable. Much to small to follow for me. The st16 is in a high resolution, so the result is hard to see. I wear glasses, and there is no dioptrie setting in the vuefine. So I think to sell mine. Maybe for others it is ideal, but for me not.
I bought it beause a fpv glasses was a lot more expensive.

I wear progressive reading glasses so it's kinda awkward to set up at first, but I got used to it. Just too bad the screen wan't a little bigger would have been nicer because I couldn't make out the text. But, like I mentioned the video was fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval