Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has Today's New Firmware Helped Anyone?

I have get a new craft with outside antennas at last...and it seems this craft have an hardware issue. I have no tried
autopilot 1.25
autopilot 1.26
autopilot 1.27

with all drift to side when fly one way...and by left right it goes 1m back when hover...
with 1.26,1.27 I get toilet boil on top.
have speak with YUNEEC...have put st16 in factory mode, have calibrate again ....still the same issue...by fly foward drift to right

I send the copter to YUNEEC tomorrow...

because it's the same ST16 like bird before without drift... I havn't think about calibrate it too. so I have calibrate the ST16 again... but still drifts by flying foward or to sides...

:(

the results of cam is getting the best I have from all 5 cams... so after refocus the lens with cam v3.2.15(A) is a good result for that small cam!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 35
Pretty bad when people are terrified to use a update from a company thats suppose to be trusted and helping them improve their flying experience. Seems like everyone is hiding in the shadows waiting for the OK you can come out now LOl
I would say Yuneec has taken peoples trust to a very low level on these last two updates.

I never had any problems with the updates on My Yuneec Typhoon H advanced.
When the site is up again will download the latest and install it ...

Marnix (Belgium)

So you are having problems accessing website too ? I thought that I was maybe blocked somehow.

The USA site is working again, but it may not respond if you are in another country. Hearsay, I'm not sure.

so my new replacement bird no4 goes back to YUNEEC...I have get the order to send in after explain the new dilemma of this one...

I have tried all software things....and all calibrate things...different places tested and calibrate. everywhere the same issue and in end toilet boil circles....not able to fly a straight line with this replaced bird...

again some weeks without. again I must say some clients: sorry I can't do this job. last try with YUNEEC, if then again not work, I leave YUNEEC and give up completely ...maybe in 4 years come back...

DJI wasn't perfect with the phantom1 in beginning. but I never had that bad latency or such heavy drifts and the compass calibrations works easy and everywhere...

Hi Guys, Man these threads grow quick lol.....

Anyway on the drift issues I have read many threads and most seem to be caused by one of the following 1) needing re-calibration of copter...2) need re-calibration on the st16 itself for the sticks which corrected some drift issues 3) left the cell phone in pocket etc while re-calibration which caused issues.......4) not completely re-calibrating all the above before first flight..

I know this is covered everywhere but in a lot of these threads they still seem to get fixed when all the above are done. Big miss is number 2 on so many threads which finally fixed drift followed closely by number 1.

One last thing after complete re-calibration and flight if you still have drifting etc..... land and take the props off then go thru the flight spin ups and listen for any grinding noises. This lets you know a motor or the esc might be going south......

Hope this helps

Cheers

Batfire

Hi Guys, Man these threads grow quick lol.....

Anyway on the drift issues I have read many threads and most seem to be caused by one of the following 1) needing re-calibration of copter...2) need re-calibration on the st16 itself for the sticks which corrected some drift issues 3) left the cell phone in pocket etc while re-calibration which caused issues.......4) not completely re-calibrating all the above before first flight..

I know this is covered everywhere but in a lot of these threads they still seem to get fixed when all the above are done. Big miss is number 2 on so many threads which finally fixed drift followed closely by number 1.

One last thing after complete re-calibration and flight if you still have drifting etc..... land and take the props off then go thru the flight spin ups and listen for any grinding noises. This lets you know a motor or the esc might be going south......

Hope this helps

Cheers

Batfire

Sigh~~~~

@Batfire

i have done all this, but it still have after calibrations the same drift !
so don't judge about persons !

I have updated the new replaced H and the ST16, have calibrate ST16 (hided calibration) and the H at different open fields (accelerometer, compass, gimbal). Of course phone was away from me and off! I am not a beginner. I have build copters based on DJI naza m, a1 and a2, on pixhawk, quads, hex, octa....and they all have flight perfect after I do all settings and calibrating them...

I have try last week again with that typhoon h and the ST16

with autopilot 1.26
with autopilot 1.27

then after talk with YUNEEC I get extra file for go back...because THEY SAY: we known there is an compass issue with some copters at 1.26!

with autopilot 1.25

by all testflights the same issue with the same drift in one way. YUNEEC say there must be a hardware issue

and if a cam is unsharp in general or only on one side, this has nothing to do with wrong use !!!!!!!!
I have now problems with this copter over 2month...

-the st16 looses fan
-the landing gear was damaged 2times
-cams was unsharp
-heavy binding problems (not the soft issue)
-lost telemetrie
-lost vid signal
-50/60 frames unsharp by soft
-no slow flight
-big delay of control and video transmission
(if you want fly FPV or professional filmset near objects....you will crash it)

i don't talk about the promised
-1,6km flight
-the trashy 120frames
-to turn of NFZ

Last edited:
So it appears the 13/14 Sept update has fixed the problems that were introduced into mine from the 1 Sept. update. Prior to the 1 Sept update, I didn't have any issue of note.

The 1 Sept upgrade made mine; drift in the X and Y axis. Between a 1-2 feet, not consistently; Orange light flashing occasionally, and a camera that would stay titled if the LG were down.

It appears its been fixed. I've flown two batteries on the new firmware. Something that happened once was upon testing, landing, once the H touched down, the motors idled down, then idled up enough to lift off again gently, about a foot. I pushed the stick down and killed the motors. I looked for any info on the ST16. What I noticed wast ALT was reading -13.4. I power cycled the H and the ALT read either -.03 or -.3. It didn't happen again.

I still feel with the last two upgrades, even in rabbit mode and in angle mode (which I fly almost exclusively) has been slowed down. BUT I've also noticed that the props are in the videos more than before.

Overall I think its a good upgrade... at least for my H... YMMV

I also was not trying, nor did I focus on BAD news, I asked if the issues were corrected, you personally can ignore proven issues that plaque some of us, but if we ignore them, they will never be addressed and fixed! I am sure the reason why there is a "New" firmware just barely a week after the last one is because it had issues and by us focusing on this forum about the "Bad" they read it and hopefully have fixed it for the benefit for us all!:)
For some of us who only get the weekend top ten list of topics, new threads make me look at the post...which I NEED to read. Thanks, DroneClone!

Reactions: DroneClone
I read on another forum one user saying that tech told him that there will be another update in coming week.

hi,

Quote: i have done all this, but it still have after calibrations the same drift !

Sorry just explaining threads I have read and what fixed other peoples issues. Sorry to have injected into this conversation.
Promise it will not happen again!

People have turn violent on these threads expecting the copters to just do their bidding right out of the box. Even the military versions cant do that. These are not some toy you buy expecting to work perfect. You want perfect copters, first they don't exist, second go spend $ 1,000,0000 on a so called perfect copter and see what you get, more bitching.

This is a hobby or business where you have to many variables which is what makes the 3d world enjoyable. I have flown and built copters well before anyone knew in the USA what a quadcopter was. I still do not know it all nor will I ever because the day I do and these are perfected is the day I quit flying them. I, to this day, have never sent a copter I've bought back to the manufacturer to get fixed. Learn how controllers work, how to write program, and how to correct issues THEN you might start actually experimenting and evolving instead of trashing people every time something does not work like you want it to.

Cheers

Batfire

Reactions: Hjerde63
hi,

Quote: i have done all this, but it still have after calibrations the same drift !

Sorry just explaining threads I have read and what fixed other peoples issues. Sorry to have injected into this conversation.
Promise it will not happen again!

People have turn violent on these threads expecting the copters to just do their bidding right out of the box. Even the military versions cant do that. These are not some toy you buy expecting to work perfect. You want perfect copters, first they don't exist, second go spend $ 1,000,0000 on a so called perfect copter and see what you get, more bitching.

This is a hobby or business where you have to many variables which is what makes the 3d world enjoyable. I have flown and built copters well before anyone knew in the USA what a quadcopter was. I still do not know it all nor will I ever because the day I do and these are perfected is the day I quit flying them. I, to this day, have never sent a copter I've bought back to the manufacturer to get fixed. Learn how controllers work, how to write program, and how to correct issues THEN you might start actually experimenting and evolving instead of trashing people every time something does not work like you want it to.

Cheers

Batfire
The issue is, not everyone is as versed in repairs and softwares and controllers as you and others on here. They can't fix them themselves, nor should they have too! They buy a 1000 to 2000 dollar drone, with a 6 -24 month warranty, and when it breaks and does not do what it is advertised, or supposed to do, they have a right by warranty to get it fixed, and complain about it's advertised shortcomings!
For people to ask for assistance, or mention a issue, and then reject your experienced advise, Is not only wrong, but stupid!. But still the right to service is entitled, as long as it is not operator error or negligence !.
I too have built fixed wings and copters in my days, and if my DJI or Yuneec product malfunctions or ill-performs during warranty, *** well right I will send it back, "After" trying everything in my resources and power to correct them myself!;)

hi

No, I am 100% behind helping people with issues but.......... so with that said. I will bet it is a good 95% chance his issue is the gps card needing to be replaced, IF AND ONLY IF all 3 calibrations were done at least 3 complete times with no change, and with blades off and ran up no grinding noises. But as you say let Yuneec take care of it. Btw a cell phone in the back pocket will screw up the calibrations.
I will step away from this thread now.

Cheers

Batfire

hi

No, I am 100% behind helping people with issues but.......... so with that said. I will bet it is a good 95% chance his issue is the gps card needing to be replaced, IF AND ONLY IF all 3 calibrations were done at least 3 complete times with no change, and with blades off and ran up no grinding noises. But as you say let Yuneec take care of it. Btw a cell phone in the back pocket will screw up the calibrations.
I will step away from this thread now.

Cheers

Batfire
I agree with your trouble shooting and your method of weeding out all the variables before calling Yuneec and expecting them to fix, what perhaps what we can and should my friend! And I agree the PO on your response should have listened and even more so tried too !
I am not against you or your rightful handling of these many issues. As far as "Me" calling them, I will, because I have tried 5 times to remedy this issue of mine to no avail, so now It is truly Yuneecs turn to do it, before in one of my test remedy runs it flys away, crashes or hurts someone! I agree with your pre-call trouble shooting my friend!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio