Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having WIFI Issues

Reaction score
I'm always having trouble connecting the WIFI. My phone picks up networks from 1500 feet away from me , but it has a hard time picking up the Breeze. I've even placed my phone right under the drone, but sometimes it will eventually connect. It's been like that since day 1. Today I went out to fly it after probably 15 minutes of fighting trying to get connected. It reached it's max programmed ceiling height. I was panning around when suddenly it lost WIFI and it climbed almost out of sight. Fortunately it was straight up and eventually it came down landing in tall grass. Fortunately , no damage. I'm just tired of having problems every time I try to fly the thing. It takes more time to get it ready that the time it flies. Is everyone having these issues, or did get a bad unit? I'm sure it's out of a warrantee, I bought it on Dec 8th from Woot.

It is likely the Breeze is still in warranty as they carry a one year warranty.

Use these threads to help determine where your troubles may lie. The little amount of information you provided gives us very little to go on to help you.

Thanks for that information. I checked the phone I use most (Iphone 6s) and it is campatable. I have tried 3 other phones,with the same result.

I've already tried most of the things on the list for trouble shooting, except the factory reset. I'll try that tomorrow and let you know if it helps.

The iPhone 6S works well with the Breeze. I have used the 5S, SE, 6S, and 7 without issues. One thing to watch for is using a protective case that interferes with the WiFi. Most regular AP’s have a strong enough signal that WiFi functions without noticeable degradation while the phone is encased in the protective casing. The Breeze on the other hand is restricted in power output due to government regulation. This is from the FCC Testing site:

Device operates within approved frequencies overlapping with the following cellular bands: LTE 255,Unlicensed NII-3 DOWN | LTE 46,TD Unlicensed DOWN |
Frequency RangePower OutputRule PartsGrant NotesLine Entry
5.745-5.825 GHz
5 GHz WiFi
58.6 mW15E381

Getting right next to the Breeze while trying to connect will not help and if too close may actually hinder connection.

Contact Yuneec CS at Yuneec USA | Support and choose Speak to a Pro option, then give Live Chat a try and/or schedule a support call. I am thinking you have a defective A9 board or trouble with the antennas that connect to it and are mounted in the front legs.

Thanks for the advise about contacting customer support. They were very helpful. I'm shipping it off to their repair center in the morning.

What did they have to say about the trouble you are having?

Do you recall which tech assisted you?

I don't recall his name, but he was very helpful. He sent me a return order ticket as well as a USP label. He had me send him all the flight logs from my phones. I'm sure he was convinced there was nothing we could do over the phone to solve the issue.

I am curious whether you use the Bluetooth controller with your Breeze or just the phone.

I asked that due to a problem with Breeze Cam and the Controller Task (Flight) Mode. The controller was the last task to be developed and was added to Breeze Cam at a later date. In programming that mode they did not link properly to the routines that record the FlightLog files. As soon as you switch into the Controller Task the FlightLog file ends, therefore there will never be any airborne telemetry while using that mode. Yuneec CS is aware of this, but will not admit it (are not allowed to). Since the beginning of 2018 I have not known of any warranty cases that were denied due to the resulting lack of telemetry while using this mode, so Yuneec does fulfill its obligations on warranty.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your drone back from the warranty repair center? I received confirmation that it was received back on 5/13. I haven't heard anything since.

Where did you send it? KAV Service in KC, MO or United Radio in Syracuse, NY.

KAV in Kansas City, I'm in St. Louis.

Call the number for KAV Services that should be on your RMA and ask for an update. When I sent my first Breeze to them for thermal problems in April 2018, I called a week after it being delivered and it was still sitting in a warehouse. After another week it still had not been scanned in by a technician so I called Yuneec CS. The next day a new in the box Breeze was shipped to me. Warranty repair of the Breeze is a losing proposition and KAV doesn’t give a hoot.

UPS just dropped off a package from Yuneec KAV Sevices. It seems they sent me a brand new drone! I'm charging the battery now, anxious to try it out.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my