Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Heads up on Video not showing up after its taken

Reaction score
Ran into this the last week or so and it threw me and Yuneec support into a spin on what was going on.

Seems I can take pictures fine, and I can shoot video and it shows up on the ST16 but when I try view the video from the SD card its blank nothing there.

So the ST16 is showing on the display (lower right corner) that the video is set for 1920x1080fps30 - neither myself nor Yuneec figured on what we found and how it happened. Somehow this is not reporting correctly and the Camera had changed to shoot in 4K mode. Finally opened up the little cog wheel to check and noticed its not set to what it was. not sure how it changed but if you run into this just FYI, don't take for granted what the ST16 is showing on the main display open up the little config wheel and actually double check what your set for. Once I re-selected the setting I had all was fine This seemed to happen after the upgrade of software to the latest but not sure when as I have a video I shot and edited after the update that was fine..

Make sure you stop your video recording before turning off the H. If you don't, the file will not be closed properly and will not show up.

Perhaps some problems with the SD card performance, have you formatted the SD card?

Once I had my TH reserved SD card miss behaving on my pc. It gradually had degrading read times (a 1gb file would take about 40 minutes to copy), and eventually it just refused to mount on the PC.

I eventually read somewhere that it was good practice to format every now and then the SD cards using a dedicated formating software (not the windows format tool) so I downloaded the format tool from this site SD Card Formatter - SD Association and it solved my issues.

Perhaps this isnt a solution for footage already lost, but perhaps can help you fix this issue?

I eventually read somewhere that it was good practice to format every now and then the SD cards using a dedicated formating software (not the windows format tool)

This info may not be correct. Dedicated format for SD cards?

This info may not be correct. Dedicated format for SD cards?

From the SDcard.org website:

" The SD Card Formatter was created specifically for memory cards using the SD/SDHC/SDXC standards. It is strongly recommended to use the SD Card Formatter instead of formatting utilities provided with operating systems that format various types of storage media. Using generic formatting utilities may result in less than optimal performance for your memory cards.

The SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards have a "Protected Area" on the card for the SD standard's security function. The SD The SD Card Formatter does not format the "Protected Area". Please use appropriate application software or SD-compatible device that provides SD security function to format the "Protected Area" in the memory card. " -SD Card Formatter - SD Association

As I mentined the formating tool they provide did fix some issues I had.

Greetings!

Last edited:
I always prefer to use the device that the card will be used in to format it such as the ST16. I have had cards that would work in one device but not another. This has always fixed the problem for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval