Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello and Help!

Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up a slightly used Typhoon H with an ST16 controller. The drone and controller looks brand new. I've flown it a few times and love it. Of course I have to play with things, so I saw there was an ST16+ that has an additional antenna so I figured more is better. I bought the kit and added the antenna exactly per the video I found, which entailed moving the antenna wires around to different terminals. In the end, I can't get the controller and the drone to mate up entirely. Does anyone know, when you do this upgrade, is there any software update that needs to be done to make it work? That is the only thing I can figure that could be different and keeps the controller and drone from fully synching, but what do I know??

My guess is, while moving the wires around, they did not get connected correctly, or solidly.

Also, if any were not connected properly, there is a chance the effect of “powering on a transmitter without antenna connected” condition could have existed, effective burning out the radio.

Double check the connections if not done already.

Only thing I can think of, considering everything worked fine before the mods.

Good luck!

Jeff

Reactions: DoomMeister
go back to the original antenna set up and see if it works. If it doesn't, most likely you burned it.
Why oh why do people want that extra few feet to fly farther?

go back to the original antenna set up and see if it works. If it doesn't, most likely you burned it.
Your on US firmware, 4hawks or similar helps get rid of the EU firmware glitches when you raise legs etc when only a few metres away and more stable video at legal distances because of a very weak signal to start with.

Reactions: AH-1G
I saw a couple of weeks ago on eBay UK a guy selling ST16 without antennas on, the photos all showed it switched on and screen booted up! What a stupid thing to do!

H'mmm, I've been out as far as1900 feet without loss of both signals or glitches. My H has worked flawlessly for me since day one.
But then again, I'm not interrupted by tall trees and hiding behind buildings.
So it's more of a EU issue?

H'mmm, I've been out as far as1900 feet without loss of both signals or glitches. My H has worked flawlessly for me since day one.
But then again, I'm not interrupted by tall trees and hiding behind buildings.
So it's more of a EU issue?
Yep 25mw compared to your 100mw and the frequency selection delay too, you guys have the best version, Achilles heel for us, so every bit we can get of help the better!

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval