Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello everyone. Hope anyone can help

Reaction score
Hello to everyone! I’m new at this forum. I am a owner of a q500 4K and I was wondering if any of you can help me resolved an issue. On my last fly (like 2 o 3 months ago) suddenly the Drone start to come back to me without give him te command . It was them when I notice that the ST10 said N/A on all the data !
Got the Dorne back safe , but even when the camera transmit to the display on the drone , but it doesn’t want to turn on the motors.
Check them with the software and they at all good . Same the GPS. I update the firmware of the drone and the ST10 and still doesn’t want to turn on the motors.
I tried to reach Yuneec by phone and nothing eather !
Can someone help me ?
Thanks to all and happy thanksgiving ?

There are two connections established: RC-connection 2.4GHz ZigBee for control signals and 5GHz WiFi for video connection (video downlink).
What describes is a problem with2.4GHz RC connection. This is the one for starting motors, control the bird and getting telemetry.
If RC connection was lost, the copter go into failsafe mode and comes back home.
Video connection has nothing to do with taht a may be stable all the time.

Check if all antenna cables are proper connected at transmitter and at receiver. If you have to possibility to get another ST10 just for test (from a friend or dealer) you can check out if the receiver in the bird or if the ST10 makes the problems.

Another good check is to look into the telemetry files. fsk_rssi is the measurement for the stregth of the 2.4GHz RC connection.

br HE

There are two connections established: RC-connection 2.4GHz ZigBee for control signals and 5GHz WiFi for video connection (video downlink).
What describes is a problem with2.4GHz RC connection. This is the one for starting motors, control the bird and getting telemetry.
If RC connection was lost, the copter go into failsafe mode and comes back home.
Video connection has nothing to do with taht a may be stable all the time.

Check if all antenna cables are proper connected at transmitter and at receiver. If you have to possibility to get another ST10 just for test (from a friend or dealer) you can check out if the receiver in the bird or if the ST10 makes the problems.

Another good check is to look into the telemetry files. fsk_rssi is the measurement for the stregth of the 2.4GHz RC connection.

br HE
thank you for the advice. This is my second ST10 since the original one i lost it i still cant beleive it.

dont have any idea on how to check the telemetry signal that you mention.

Once again thank you for the advice.

I agree with @h-elsner that this is a problem with the 2.4GHz RC. You need to get on the Yuneec website and schedule a Customer Support phone call. Be sure to use a full browser on your PC when using their website. Some things do not work well on a mobile browser.

Reactions: Zanio
@WTFDproject got any suggestions on troubleshooting this?

Actually, @h-elsner provided an accurate diagnosis. All I can really do is provide some background on the currently observed symptoms.

There are two radio frequencies involved with the Q500:

One is the 5.8GHz video signal. This VIDEO signal is between the camera itself, and the video features of the controller. It is not dependent on , nor is it related to the CONTROL signals sent to the drone. This difference, if properly understood, explains why the presence of video signal does not indicate a connection with the DRONE. It only indicates a connection with the CAMERA. Conversely, loss of onscreen video does not indicate a loss of CONTROL of the drone.

The Control signal is a 2.4GHz signal. The principal components are two transceivers. A transceiver is a radio unit capable of both transmitting and receiving radio signals. In the two way communication world of modern drones, both units are active in both directions. The somewhat misleading convention of referring to the drone side transceiver as a "receiver", and the controller side transceiver as a "transmitter" is probably just a leftover from earlier radio control days, when radio control communication was one way.
Understanding that both units are two way transceivers helps explain why it is difficult to determine if the drone "receiver" is at fault, or if the controller "transmitter" is at fault. Failure at either end results in both loss of control of the aircraft, AND loss of telemetry on the controller. The only methods available to the average hobbyist to determine which is at fault would be:
1.) Test the drone with a different controller.
2.)Test the controller on a different drone.
3.) Change out parts and look for a difference.
4.) Send for repairs.

One last note for clarification. The camera "tilt" is a control feature, not a video feature. Another misconception is that the gimbal is part of the camera. It is NOT. It is an integrated mechanism used to stabilize and aim the camera, it is not a part of the actual camera.

Last edited:
Since you are having RC issues, you may want to start by opening the ST-10+ and checking the Zigbee antenna connections. You can use the photo in the link and trace the cables back to the circuit board. Gently lift the connectors and reattach them as well as inspect the cables for any nicks, kinks, or chaffing.

If that doesn’t cure the problem, then you will need to inspect the same in the Q500 itself. @Steve Carr and @WTFDproject may have internal photos of the aircraft

Actually, @h-elsner provided an accurate diagnosis. All I can really do is provide some background on the currently observed symptoms.

There are two radio frequencies involved with the Q500:

One is the 5.8GHz video signal. This VIDEO signal is between the camera itself, and the video features of the controller. It is not dependent on , nor is it related to the CONTROL signals sent to the drone. This difference, if properly understood, explains why the presence of video signal does not indicate a connection with the DRONE. It only indicates a connection with the CAMERA. Conversely, loss of onscreen video does not indicate a loss of CONTROL of the drone.

The Control signal is a 2.4GHz signal. The principal components are two transceivers. A transceiver is a radio unit capable of both transmitting and receiving radio signals. In the two way communication world of modern drones, both units are active in both directions. The somewhat misleading convention of referring to the drone side transceiver as a "receiver", and the controller side transceiver as a "transmitter" is probably just a leftover from earlier radio control days, when radio control communication was one way.
Understanding that both units are two way transceivers helps explain why it is difficult to determine if the drone "receiver" is at fault, or if the controller "transmitter" is at fault. Failure at either end results in both loss of control of the aircraft, AND loss of telemetry on the controller. The only methods available to the average hobbyist to determine which is at fault would be:
1.) Test the drone with a different controller.
2.)Test the controller on a different drone.
3.) Change out parts and look for a difference.
4.) Send for repairs.

One last note for clarification. The camera "tilt" is a control feature, not a video feature. Another misconception is that the gimbal is part of the camera. It is NOT. It is an integrated mechanism used to stabilize and aim the camera, it is not a part of the actual camera.
in my case i notice that the camera wont tilt after the problem started.

thank you all.

I understand from FB this Q500 is not in warranty. So he wishes to find the problem and fix it himself.
im not sure since i bought it second hand. but dont know how to check it out so im assuming its out of warranty by know.

in my case i notice that the camera wont tilt after the problem started

Yes. The camera tilt is part of the same control system that controls the flight of the drone. You have a problem with either the controller or the drone, but without some testing, you can't tell which.

Have you recently had either the drone or the controller apart?

Also, look to see that the plug inside the drone battery compartment is not damaged. This plug is sometimes damaged when pulling the battery in and out. If the pins are exposed, you could have a short circuit that is causing the problem.
20181129_180451.jpg

If you have a multimeter and know how to trace a circuit, this drawing of the drone receiver circuit may help:
Typhoon Q Series Receiver Connections R3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Does the rear center LED flash blue? Sounds kinda like a problem I had a while back , turned out being a loose wire. The white that turns blue, or vice versa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop