Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello everyone

Reaction score
Hello, my neighbor gave me his drone that he broke. The propeller blades broke, but the thing is still screwed on and won't come off. Any suggestions.

Did you get the tool that allows you to hold the motor hub? See page 9 of the attached manual and unscrew them the opposite of the mounting instructions.

Attachments

• q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: WTFDproject
The right front and left rear are normal "right hand thread". The left front and right rear are "left hand thread". Be sure you are turning in the correct direction.

There was a "propeller wrench" in the original kit that might help a little bit to hold the motor. Not the most effective tool I've ever seen, but it might help. You get about as much result by reaching up from under the motor and holding the motor with your fingertips while you use something to turn the prop.

If it is so badly jammed you have to use some sort of channel lock plyers to get it off, you will probably ruin the motor. It would be better to remove the top shell of the drone to get a better grip by hand. You may have to break away some of the remaining prop to get the shell off.

Reactions: ImStillNewToDrones
I've tried and done almost all of this. Also in the propeller is says which way is the right way, so I know I'm im doing it right. Its just not coming loose, altho it is twisting, when its not slipping, the propeller wrench doesn't work that well. I was thinking about removing some of the excess material away from the propeller. Hoping that the motor doesn't get ruined.. thank you

Uh oh.
The motor is already ruined. When you mentioned it was twisting but not coming loose, it revealed the brads holding the propeller mount to the top of the motor are stripped on the inside of the motor. There is no good way to repair that.
Even if you get the broken prop replaced, the prop mount will slip during flight. The drone will fly poorly, and will eventually crash.

I regret it, but you need to replace the motor.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I just came back for a short statement.
all of the beginner problems you spoke of you can watch on mega video amounts on line. i didn't know about this forum until later. I watched jeff sebelius videos and god knows how many others so the 1st and 2cd flights were perfecto. after that it was mostly my fault. good luck with the motor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis