Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Boise Idaho.

Reaction score
I'm new to the drone world but I just purchased a Typhoon H, Typhoon H pro, Q500 4K as well as a DJI phantom 3 standard. I believe I went overboard any suggestions?

The only drones I've ever flown before these are little toy drones that I could never keep up in the air I always crashed within a few seconds. And I was watching YouTube videos of the Typhoon H and that did it for me

Reactions: Pier2162
Okay, so you have a Typhoon H, a Typhoon H 'Pro', a Q500 and a Phantom 3, is this correct? Here is my take.

The Q500 is slow and cumbersome compared to all the others, moreover, while it is technically a 4K image it is not quite as good as the others.

The Typhoon H and H Pro are the same exact drone. Here in the states, the "Pro" label was given to the bundle that included the carry case, wizard wand, and two batteries. In addition it also had the ST-16 with three external antenna and the antennas in tubes on the aircraft while the 'standard Typhoon had the same antennas for the St-16 (3) - one was located inside the controller and it's aircraft simply had the antennas under a label on the sides of the aircraft. From a flying, operational and image standpoint - they are identical.

The Phantom 3 has fair imagery and 'sorta' compares to the Typhoon H - it is a good flyer but has all the downsides of the Phantom - gear and props can be seen in pics and videos while maneuvering and so forth.

If it were me? I'd ditch the Q500 and the Phantom 3 and keep - both Typhoons. Not long ago parts for these aircraft were getting hard to find, though there are now sources for some parts. Having 2 Typhoons with all components interchangeable gives you peace of mind should you need parts. The Typhoons most valuable asset is this forum. EVRYTHING about that system has been well understood and documented here in these pages. The Typhoon is a solid flyer and having the retractable gear and 360 degree panning camera give this aircraft (Typhoons), capabilities that no other brand has for anywhere near the cost.

On the downside - if you are new to drones the Typhoon may be like drinking from a fire hose; in that it is not forgiving to anyone who does not learn how to properly operate and maintain it, but as I said all of that is well documented here.

PS. Oh and welcome to Yuneec Pilots :cool:

Last edited:
It's an ST-16 with 3 antennas...16+3=19.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

@Ty Pilot has very good suggestions and one of the most experienced pilots I know. His advice is sound.

Be sure to absorb the information in the Typhoon H sticky threads. They contain invaluable information.

It would be your best bet to find and read the extended manual found on this site b4 you fly the H's. Also you should fly the Q a few times before you get rid of it. It is a big graceful bird,easy to see and Makes you feel good to fly it.Good practice for the H,controller wise. Take proper care of those batteries too. Happy flying. Keep us posted . KC

Practice with the DJI and when it breaks, sell it for parts. Lol
I think you should start with the q500 much easier to learn from for me. I also started with small drones and learned alot from my Q parts are somewhat hard to get but are available and cheaper than the h's. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Okay, so you have a Typhoon H, a Typhoon H 'Pro', a Q500 and a Phantom 3, is this correct? Here is my take.

The Q500 is slow and cumbersome compared to all the others, moreover, while it is technically a 4K image it is not quite as good as the others.

The Typhoon H and H Pro are the same exact drone. Here in the states, the "Pro" label was given to the bundle that included the carry case, wizard wand, and two batteries. In addition it also had the ST-16 with three external antenna and the antennas in tubes on the aircraft while the 'standard Typhoon had the same antennas for the St-16 (3) - one was located inside the controller and it's aircraft simply had the antennas under a label on the sides of the aircraft. From a flying, operational and image standpoint - they are identical.

The Phantom 3 has fair imagery and 'sorta' compares to the Typhoon H - it is a good flyer but has all the downsides of the Phantom - gear and props can be seen in pics and videos while maneuvering and so forth.

If it were me? I'd ditch the Q500 and the Phantom 3 and keep - both Typhoons. Not long ago parts for these aircraft were getting hard to find, though there are now sources for some parts. Having 2 Typhoons with all components interchangeable gives you peace of mind should you need parts. The Typhoons most valuable asset is this forum. EVRYTHING about that system has been well understood and documented here in these pages. The Typhoon is a solid flyer and having the retractable gear and 360 degree panning camera give this aircraft (Typhoons), capabilities that no other brand has for anywhere near the cost.

On the downside - if you are new to drones the Typhoon may be like drinking from a fire hose; in that it is not forgiving to anyone who does not learn how to properly operate and maintain it, but as

the pro has is the real Sense technology isn't that true

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval