Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Canada.

Reaction score
So I basically need some help here. I got a good deal on a Typhoon H that has been flown about 3 times and crashed every time by the original pilot. I’m trying to get it up in the air but no clue where to start. Was hoping to find a Typhoon H pilot here in Saskatchewan Canada that I could go see and get some help on this thing.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Your first step is to download the attached user enhanced manual. It is a very good starting place. The next is to peruse the sticky threads in the Typhoon H sub forums. There is a vast amount of information there.

One of our moderators is a Typhoon H pilot from Saskatchewan, but unless my knowledge of geography fails me that is a very large area of Canada.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: Hawk
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Your first step is to download the attached user enhanced manual. It is a very good starting place. The next is to peruse the sticky threads in the Typhoon H sub forums. There is a vast amount of information there.

One of our moderators is a Typhoon H pilot from Saskatchewan, but unless my knowledge of geography fails me that is a very large area of Canada.
Thanks DoomMeister for the reply. I think that is the same user manual I have looked at but I will go over it again. It would be awesome if I could get in contact with the moderator you say is in Saskatchewan. I might be lucky and he is close to me.

What issues are you having with the system?

The TH is usually a stable flier, so it seems odd that the original owner crashed it 3 out of 3 times.

Well for starters the ST16 just keeps saying Reconnecting to camera. So I have no camera picture. So I thought well it should fly without the camera. Did the compass calibration and it seamed to work. Had 20 satellites on the drone and 18 on the controller. I think I had all the controls in the right positions and tried to fire up the props but nothing would happen when I held the start button for over 3 seconds .

Here are a couple of pics of the controller.

Attachments

• 85EF7158-C869-4EE9-B739-0512E045A14B.jpeg
    85EF7158-C869-4EE9-B739-0512E045A14B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 9B453480-A6FE-4120-AB9A-A650CA8D493D.jpeg
    9B453480-A6FE-4120-AB9A-A650CA8D493D.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 125CF5DF-EE28-4DC2-ACA4-2ED420DA3A0C.jpeg
    125CF5DF-EE28-4DC2-ACA4-2ED420DA3A0C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
The ST16 has the proper firmware and software on it as evidenced by the second photo. The same photo does not show the drone or camera, so if they were powered up they were not bound to the controller.

At this point I would suggest creating a new model and binding to it. This video will help to guide you.

Let us know how it goes.

Another thing to report on is the actions of the camera and gimbal when you first power up the aircraft. The gimbal should go from being limp to active and have the camera facing forward toward the nose of the aircraft after stabilizing. The camera’s LED (with an SD card installed) should start as white, then go to red, then go to flashing green. That is the point at which the camera is broadcasting its WiFi SSID which should be visible on any device with 5.8 GHz WiFi capability. It would be seen as CGO3P_xxxxxx where the C’s are the last six digits of its MAC address (on one of the labels attached to the camera’s gimbal base).

I’ll check in the morning. I’m going to get some sleep.

Thanks for all your help. I have to work tomorrow so I better get to bed and work on this again tomorrow evening. I will let you know how I make out.

You came to the right place. loved living in Canada. Saskatchewan should be a mega playground for drones. I remember the original super man movie with Christopher reeve and the beautiful beginning when he lands in what I am pretty sure is Saskatchewan.
If you can get some videos they will look just as nice with your bird. enjoy.[emoji4]
So I basically need some help here. I got a good deal on a Typhoon H that has been flown about 3 times and crashed every time by the original pilot. I’m trying to get it up in the air but no clue where to start. Was hoping to find a Typhoon H pilot here in Saskatchewan Canada that I could go see and get some help on this thing.

Thanks everyone for your help. I have been in contact with Murray and we are planning a get together this weekend. It will be awesome to meet up with a Yuneec pilot. I will let you all know how we make out. Thanks again.

3 crashes by the previous owner?
we must have had the same teacher!
In a place like Saskatchewan that is so vast with mega open space how do the drone laws affect you there.
Can't imagine any problems with safety.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks everyone for your help. I have been in contact with Murray and we are planning a get together this weekend. It will be awesome to meet up with a Yuneec pilot. I will let you all know how we make out. Thanks again.
Glad to hear that you and Murray are meeting soon. Hope you will be able to get the issues with your H480 solved very soon.

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis