Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Hellas!

Reaction score
After abandoned the helicopters 4 years ago, now I decided to buy a used Q500 drone. It is on the way and I am looking for information. Helicopter needed a lot of setup and this was very interesting. Drones seem to be very easy, but the capability of recording video and photos is very interesting also. Hello everybody!

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Hope you enjoy flying the Q500!

Reactions: doctorn
Received today! A stupid question...what should be the latest firmware? I see version 1.02 on GUI. I think I have to update on version 1.07, don't I? Is there anything else I should do? ST-10 and CGO2 (CG02GB) . I do not know what is the "GB".

Wtfd and many folks on here will steer you in the right direction. They will be here for you. I am not the guy but I fly both the 9 and the h. The q is a bit slow but great for the photographers who like slow and medium flight speed. The h is quick and fun to fly as is the q.

The q is a bit slow but great for the photographers who like slow and medium flight speed.
No, it isn't. Switch off GPS and you will get 20m/s like the H480. Q500 is a good and stable drone.

The CGO2GB is the oldest version of the CGO2. It has more fisheye effect than CGO2+ or CGO3. I think GB means Gimbal but I'm not sure - it's just a name.

The drone itself is the same HW independent of the cameras. I would not update if all works perfect. On the other hand, 1.02 is really very old. Do you have a ST10 or a ST10+ (label bottom - right)? be careful, both have different firmware. You can brick the RC when you use the wrong FW by accident.
ST10 FW: st10v01.01b43c.zip
ST10+ FW: st10+v01b30c.zip

If you plan to update the drone, update the RC first.

Don't forget to put a SD card (old 2GB is enough) in the RC. The slot is hidden under the battery. If you have one in you can see that if you connect the ST10 to the PC via USB cable. You should see then the SD card as MTP device.
SD card is needed to store the Flight Log data. In case of problems it's good to have it present.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me