Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Northern Nevada!

Reaction score
My name is Steve and I'm a total newb when it comes to UAVs and....flying. :) I've been learning a great deal from this forum and continue to learn more. Since late March, I've been the proud owner of a Yuneec Typhoon H Pro. So far, I've been hit with transmitter issues (solved), landing gear issues (solved), how important it is to have the gimbal secured on all four corners for the camera or it will send the drone off balance, GPS/Compass replacement (TBD), and something all of us have experienced; crashing. I am from the great city of Fallon, NV and feel at home here when looking for answers when it comes to my drone. It is a pleasure to be a part of this.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Glad to hear you have been finding answers to your issues here on the forum. When you mention crashing is it that you are flying into things or you have issues when trying to land? I am also curious what you are referring to with the camera and gimbal. There should only be 2 pins in opposite corners and vibration dampers in all four corners. I have never heard of the camera and gimbal causing the aircraft to be off balance.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Glad to hear you have been finding answers to your issues here on the forum. When you mention crashing is it that you are flying into things or you have issues when trying to land? I am also curious what you are referring to with the camera and gimbal. There should only be 2 pins in opposite corners and vibration dampers in all four corners. I have never heard of the camera and gimbal causing the aircraft to be off balance.

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

My problem came after I unlocked a landing gear module (jammed) which is not related to my current problem. I went flying afterwards and the drone veered off left and into a fence. No major damage 'cept the blades. I had to replace four of 'em and I tried again in a clear area. After taking it up again it, once again, veered off left. I took my hands off the controller, then I called it home. It eventually but it appeared it couldn't get into a stable landing mode. It bounced several times trying to land and eventually stopped nose down taking out four more blades. Once I received new blades, I tried another flight. The ST informed me to do a compass calibration immediately, which I tried, but nothing. Neither with the accelerometer cal. The Gimbal cal succeeded (just trying out of curiousity). I brought the ST back to the main screen and noticed that I couldn't get a GPS lock and, after some research, I found that the most likely culprit could be the FC module. Chatted with WTFDproject on here and he noted it could be the that OR the Main ESC board. Where the Main board could be failing, or the FC module could be sending erroneous data to the Main likely causing the same error. I'm going with the FC first and I'[l go from there.

My name is Steve and I'm a total newb when it comes to UAVs and....flying. :) I've been learning a great deal from this forum and continue to learn more. Since late March, I've been the proud owner of a Yuneec Typhoon H Pro. So far, I've been hit with transmitter issues (solved), landing gear issues (solved), how important it is to have the gimbal secured on all four corners for the camera or it will send the drone off balance, GPS/Compass replacement (TBD), and something all of us have experienced; crashing. I am from the great city of Fallon, NV and feel at home here when looking for answers when it comes to my drone. It is a pleasure to be a part of this.
Howdy Neighbor. Right next door in CA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots