Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from us Sea Gypsies

Reaction score
We are the proud new owners of a Typhoon H Plus that will be coming along on our sailboat as we travel the oceans. Moving up from a Mavic Air, the improved camera capabilities of the H Plus were the primary draw. After our first flights, all we have to say is, “Wow!” It really is everything we hoped for.

Our blog: fetchinketch

The advice and resources found here have already been a huge help. For all of you who share, thank you!

Bill K.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Very happy to hear you are enjoying your H+. It is a very good flier and takes excellent videos and photos. Looking forward to you sharing your experiences here on the forum.

We are the proud new owners of a Typhoon H Plus that will be coming along on our sailboat as we travel the oceans. Moving up from a Mavic Air, the improved camera capabilities of the H Plus were the primary draw. After our first flights, all we have to say is, “Wow!” It really is everything we hoped for.

The advice and resources found here have already been a huge help. For all of you who share, thank you!

Bill K.
Hi Bill. Welcome to Yuneec Pilots Forum. One thing I would like to say is the fact that you will be taking off from a moving vecil your return to home should be set to the transmitter and not place of launch. You probably have set this up already but I still taught that you should be informed of this setting. I wish you and yours meny wonderful flights and adventures and please don't forget to share them with ue here on the forum.
PS. Make sure to listen for the battery door lock to click ?.
With the best of wishes.
Mike

Hi Bill. Welcome to Yuneec Pilots Forum. One thing I would like to say is the fact that you will be taking off from a moving vecil your return to home should be set to the transmitter and not place of launch. You probably have set this up already but I still taught that you should be informed of this setting. I wish you and yours meny wonderful flights and adventures and please don't forget to share them with ue here on the forum.
PS. Make sure to listen for the battery door lock to click ?.
With the best of wishes.
Mike
Thanks for those thoughts Mike!

The "Return to controller" functionality was important to us in the choice of a drone for just that reason. Also, the easy hand catch and launch. Even the Smart Mode is really helpful when you launch out in the middle of the ocean with no useful visual landmarks for orienting.

Do you use the orbit and POI functions?

With the new functionality built into UAV Toolbox for the H+ you can now use Yuneec DataPilot to plan a waypoint mission and turn it into a CCC mission for the H+. Planning on the computer makes for fewer batteries to get great videos. When flying a CCC place the Tilt Mode switch in the bottom velocity position and the Pan Mode switch in the bottom global position to allow right stick control of the camera gimbal. Much easier than doing both tasks at once (flying and camera control).

Do you use the orbit and POI functions?

With the new functionality built into UAV Toolbox for the H+ you can now use Yuneec DataPilot to plan a waypoint mission and turn it into a CCC mission for the H+. Planning on the computer makes for fewer batteries to get great videos. When flying a CCC place the Tilt Mode switch in the bottom velocity position and the Pan Mode switch in the bottom global position to allow right stick control of the camera gimbal. Much easier than doing both tasks at once (flying and camera control).
Since most of our video is taken from a boat that is moving, albeit slowly, I do not expect CCC to be a big part of our tool kit. Follow Me and Watch Me will be more common.

An example taken with our old drone...

Reactions: DoomMeister
Welcome to the land of "YUNEEC" everything you might need is here, and then some. All I can say is wow, after going to your page, your life seems so story book, if you haven't already time to publish, or better yet a documentary. Looking forward to your drone videos, so keep us posted here ? I was going to end with enjoy, but seems thats you, and the wifes norm, so carry on

Since most of our video is taken from a boat that is moving, albeit slowly, I do not expect CCC to be a big part of our tool kit. Follow Me and Watch Me will be more common.

An example taken with our old drone...
Completely understand that. I guess I was thinking of when you might be visiting remote islands or moored in a harbor.

Nice video of the pilot whales and good editing on your story.

Reactions: johnnyb57
Thanks for those thoughts Mike!

The "Return to controller" functionality was important to us in the choice of a drone for just that reason. Also, the easy hand catch and launch. Even the Smart Mode is really helpful when you launch out in the middle of the ocean with no useful visual landmarks for orienting.

I got the Lumo Cube lights that are especially made for the H. They are very bright with four different light settings and last along time. They are also USB charged ;). The lights make it much easier to see the drone from farout Day or Night. They can also come in handy for video and stills photography, cam come in handy in case of an power loss to your yacht.
PS. I signed up so I can follow your adventures.
Best of luck for now.
Mike Irish.

Bill K.
Yeah the camera of the H is outstanding, so much color, far above the mavic air

Bill K.
The typhoons camera Is really special when taking shots of water like it was tuned for it. Have fun out at sea and you can always post video or pics so that we can be jealous of your home on the water

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis