Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help For a beginner,

Reaction score
I am trying to soak in as much information as I can before my first flight.

Once the aircraft is airborne and you have walked around with the ST-10 around, played with the SMART MODE gone through the Follow me and Watch me, you have left the original location of departure say by 50 yds. When you put it in the HOME Mode, does it return to where you currently are or does the aircraft go back to the original coordinates of where you took off from?

Let's say I am flying from my cul-de sac, and decide to bring it home. I see that aircraft is getting too close to my mail box, do I have to take it out of HOME Mode or will the controller allow me to override the final landing process?

If I override it in HOME Mode did I just cancel the entire final auto land or will it continue to land itself? In other words do I have recycle the mode from Home to Angle mode and then back to Home mode for it to land itself?

Last edited:
For me, I noticed it return home using the controller as base.

In return home mode you CAN make corrections to the final approach to allow the bird to touch down safely. As ypou make final adjustments the bird corrects and when you stop making adjustments the bird continues its decent to the ground.

When I use my RTH function, I always revert back to "Angle" mode when the quad is close enough to gain more control. I prefer flying in Angle mode since I got the hang of flying my Q500 4K.

I also bought a plexiglass helipdad from Amazon " 20" Quadcopter Helipad " to lessen the prop downward thrust when closing to the ground.

Last edited:
I am trying to soak in as much information as I can before my first flight.

Once the aircraft is airborne and you have walked around with the ST-10 around, played with the SMART MODE gone through the Follow me and Watch me, you have left the original location of departure say by 50 yds. When you put it in the HOME Mode, does it return to where you currently are or does the aircraft go back to the original coordinates of where you took off from?

Let's say I am flying from my cul-de sac, and decide to bring it home. I see that aircraft is getting too close to my mail box, do I have to take it out of HOME Mode or will the controller allow me to override the final landing process?

If I override it in HOME Mode did I just cancel the entire final auto land or will it continue to land itself? In other words do I have recycle the mode from Home to Angle mode and then back to Home mode for it to land itself?
Keep in mind if your drone is not in your line of sight before you hit the RTH switch; make sure that you take your bird up to a safe altitude because once you switch it to RTH it's a straight shot back and there might be obstacles in it's line of path.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval