Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help with H Plus and ST16S Controller

Reaction score
How do you select for jpg AND dng files before shooting stills. I can't find anything anywhere on this --thanks!!

Thanks a lot, but I'm new to all of this and am wrestling with learning everything from the ground up--exactly how do you access the parameters on the ST16S --step by step, please. Thanks again!!---or do you do something to the C23 itself?? P.S. My mother was born and raised in Switzerland--a wonderful country!!

In the parameters of C23, you can choose jpg or jpg+dng.
I am new to all this and have to learn everything from the ground up--so exactly what are the steps on the ST16S or the C23 camera I have to do to get to the parameters and the jpg+dng option--thanks!! --PS, my mother was born and raised in Switzerland--a wonderful country!!!

How do you select for jpg AND dng files before shooting stills. I can't find anything anywhere on this --thanks!!

Have you looked in the manual? If your new to all this, it will be a little difficult because we don't know how much you don't know but; here are the steps. In the mean time there is a detailed manual in the stickies section that was put together by one of our members, it is comprehensive and excellent and I would advise anyone with a Plus to download and read it. Meanwhile . . . . .

Step 1] Boot up St-16S and H Plus

Step 2] Switch the camera into 'Photo' mode

Step 3] Access the camera settings menu

Step 4] Click on the second tab for 'Image Control'

Step 5] Click on the first topic - 'Image Format'

Step 6] Scroll down to the bottom and select 'DNG + JPEG'

Step 7] Exit 'Camera Settings' menu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above is confusing you may need to learn what all of the icons on the screen are and if so, here is a video that will help.

Last edited:
Have you looked in the manual? If your new to all this, it will be a little difficult because we don't know how much you don't know but; here are the steps. In the mean time there is a detailed manual in the stickies section that was put together by one of our members, it is comprehensive and excellent and I would advise anyone with a Plus to download and read it. Meanwhile . . . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above is confusing you may need to learn what all of the icons on the screen are and if so, here is a video that will help.

THANK YOU SO MUCH --I KIND OF FIGURED IT OUT ON MY OWN, BUT I NEED ALL THE OTHER INFO YOU HAVE PROVIDED!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH --I KIND OF FIGURED IT OUT ON MY OWN, BUT I NEED ALL THE OTHER INFO YOU HAVE PROVIDED!!!

Thanks again --I'm new to the forum--where exactly would I find that file you mentioned created by one of the members so I can download it --what's it's title?? The owner's manual I downloaded didn't have much of anything on the displays on the ST16S --unless there's some other manual I don't know about --that link to he video you sent was also very helpful!!--George Sabo

Thanks again --I'm new to the forum--where exactly would I find that file you mentioned created by one of the members so I can download it --what's it's title?? The owner's manual I downloaded didn't have much of anything on the displays on the ST16S --unless there's some other manual I don't know about --that link to he video you sent was also very helpful!!--George Sabo

Typhoon H Plus Manual - Unofficial/Comprehensive Version

The manual and checklist are fabulous--just what I needed --thank you thank you thank you!!!

Welcome aboard!

You’ve got yourself a really cool and capable aircraft. Although it’s really easy to fly, it’s not what you’d classify a “Beginner” model.

I suggest you do a Familiarization Session.

Inside, in a nice comfy chair, have the ST16S Ground Station and the Typhoon H + in front of you. Place the aircraft on the coffee table. Don’t put the props on, but take the gimbal cover off and power both up, the ST16S first, then the TYPHOON+.

Now, carefully read through the manual. At the same time, look at the controller and the aircraft. When you read about a button, switch, toggle, feature, setting, menu, menu item..... find it on the controller or aircraft. Ensure you understand it, how it works, WHY it works, and set it (menu setting) how you will want to use it. If you’re not sure or don’t know yet, leave it as is, you’ll change it later when you do.

Go through everything you reasonably can. Of course, use good sense and don’t trigger anything inside you shouldn’t or spin the motors up, retract the gear (unless you turn it upside down)....etc. You can set parameters, take pictures and shoot video, get used to operating and setting the camera.

Do this at least once before you fly. It’ll be some of the best time you can invest in yourself and your new aircraft. I’ve had my Typhoon H Pro a few months now with 15+ hours of time on it so far....and when my new H+ arrives Wednesday I’ll do it again with my new bird. Did the same with my Mavic Air. IMHO, it is a required block of time to do first.

Oh, and another thing better than the manual, is the search button here on the forums. It’s the magnifying glass icon at the top right. I lurked here for a month before I made my first post because EVERY question I had, had already been thoroughly covered....EVERY ONE! And I had a bunch of them. It started to become a game....try to find something that hadn’t been asked. I have yet to win that one.....although the H has a 2 year headstart on the + so there’s not as much + info.....but much can apply to both.

Good luck....post up your adventures....and help others when you can. The Pilots here will chime in and help, or correct you if you’re mistaken....but its a great group that’s not aggressive or demeaning, like many other forums can be.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

You’ve got yourself a really cool and capable aircraft. Although it’s really easy to fly, it’s not what you’d classify a “Beginner” model.

I suggest you do a Familiarization Session.

Inside, in a nice comfy chair, have the ST16S Ground Station and the Typhoon H + in front of you. Place the aircraft on the coffee table. Don’t put the props on, but take the gimbal cover off and power both up, the ST16S first, then the TYPHOON+.

Now, carefully read through the manual. At the same time, look at the controller and the aircraft. When you read about a button, switch, toggle, feature, setting, menu, menu item..... find it on the controller or aircraft. Ensure you understand it, how it works, WHY it works, and set it (menu setting) how you will want to use it. If you’re not sure or don’t know yet, leave it as is, you’ll change it later when you do.

Go through everything you reasonably can. Of course, use good sense and don’t trigger anything inside you shouldn’t or spin the motors up, retract the gear (unless you turn it upside down)....etc. You can set parameters, take pictures and shoot video, get used to operating and setting the camera.

Do this at least once before you fly. It’ll be some of the best time you can invest in yourself and your new aircraft. I’ve had my Typhoon H Pro a few months now with 15+ hours of time on it so far....and when my new H+ arrives Wednesday I’ll do it again with my new bird. Did the same with my Mavic Air. IMHO, it is a required block of time to do first.

Oh, and another thing better than the manual, is the search button here on the forums. It’s the magnifying glass icon at the top right. I lurked here for a month before I made my first post because EVERY question I had, had already been thoroughly covered....EVERY ONE! And I had a bunch of them. It started to become a game....try to find something that hadn’t been asked. I have yet to win that one.....although the H has a 2 year headstart on the + so there’s not as much + info.....but much can apply to both.

Good luck....post up your adventures....and help others when you can. The Pilots here will chime in and help, or correct you if you’re mistaken....but its a great group that’s not aggressive or demeaning, like many other forums can be.
Thank you for the good advice--I've tried the "ground testing" you suggested several times, taken some pics, looked at them in my computer, etc. Tomorrow I will put my new bird in the air --so far I'm very impressed with the pic quality--especially as a dng file!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33