Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Here we go..... Drones to be limited to 50m height and lots more BS

Most EU regulation is initially written to 'test the water'. They can't get it right for all nations, so they put down some severe numbers and see who objects and how much. That means that now is the time to write to your European representative and talk to them.

Last edited:
Most EU regulation is initially written to 'test the water'. They can't get it right for all nations, so they put down some severe numbers and see who objects and how much. That means that now is the time to write to your European representative and talk to them.
Exactly this. Ignore it at your Peril, and don't assume because you are in the UK we will not have this inflicted on us because we are almost certain to continue operating under the EASA

The CAA spent a lot of time and resources getting the rules to where they are now. It seems crazy to see all that work go down the pan along with our drones!

Totally agree these rules would more or less kill the drone and model aircraft industry in Europe and as someone who flys both drones and model aeroplanes and enjoys it very much I feel this is just another step in taking away peoples enjoyment and freedom,why are they trying to destroy a very innovative,creative,lucrative and growing industry instead of embracing it,no one in there right mind would pay hundreds or even thousands of pounds for what is essentially a flying camera to only be able to fly it at 50 metres it makes the whole idea of flying cameras pointless,we live in sad times where health and saftey rules over good old common sense,a handful of idiots have pretty much ruined it for everyone. :(:mad:

EASA's Prototype Commision Regulation on Unmanned Aircraft Operations will destroy the European drone industry by limiting drones to 50m and 100m away from the operator in hardware! Homebuilt model aircraft and drones to be limited to 250g!

Registering a drone in my country costs 128 euro

kind regards
Marnix

Spoke to my bmfa representative yesterday and he assured me they are going to do everything they can to stop this from happening,the CAA (U.K.) are largely pro model flying so hopefully a compromise will be worked out with the EASA ,a registration system seems the sensible option and would largely make people take some kind of responsibility,I would certainly accept this if it means I can continue to fly my models.

Spoke to my bmfa representative yesterday and he assured me they are going to do everything they can to stop this from happening,the CAA (U.K.) are largely pro model flying so hopefully a compromise will be worked out with the EASA ,a registration system seems the sensible option and would largely make people take some kind of responsibility,I would certainly accept this if it means I can continue to fly my models.
It's good to hear BMFA is going to fight this. I am not a modeller (though I am a BMFA member) and we need some big guns, I just hope they don't forget the uav flyers. I am not against registration and I am not against restricting altitude or distance for kids flying toy drones but for professionals and enthusiasts it is un workable and wil kill the industry. Meanwhile until new models come out with bult in restrictions the law abiding will have to give up and the law breaking will just carry on regardless

Reactions: keiths
It would probably rather than control the issue of irrespsonible flying make those law abiding break the stupid law, also in reality not enforceable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop