Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Here's an odd thing. Breeze icon greyed out

Reaction score
Just got my Breeze today and spent time setting it up, I actually followed along with a video to make sure I was doing it right. The manual is impossible to read. Did everything right, the binding etc etc, The camera worked great in the Live View, as it did in the other ways. I actually carried it round the house until i was at least 40 ft away from the iPad before the good lady said it was starting to pixelate, at 50 ft it lost the signal
I was doing this is the conservatory and even in there it was seeing 16 sats Wow !!!!
So I wonndered about the indoor way. But how to turn the GPS off. Not a clue so I called the supplier. OH he said you just fly it with the GPS ON, Hmmm!!!!! Oh yes we do it like that in our shop. Not really convinced about that though. All the other icons on the screen (iPd Pro) showed up as they should BUT I noticed the at the top right to the left of the blue square thing there is an icon for t he breeze. It should have been blue. but it was greyed out. I told the dealer this and he was stumped....... On lifting the Breeze up about a foot (30 cms) the icon did turn blue, So I had to assume that this is the way it is. Climb and then it connects.. Bit wierd that......
So nothing ventured slide TAKE OFF in PILOT mode. All I wanted it to do was climb two feet (Set in the settings) and hover. It did but after a few seconfs it drifted and I had to catch it. I did not have time to see if the icon had in fact turned blue.
The floor is a foot square line pattern so I put the Breeze on a cross so that the sensor could see if it drifted, There was NO wind or drafts that I could feel.
We are told to turn the GPS OFF indoors. so how do I do that. putting a hand over the receiver will do it. but that's not doing properly. So how is it done. ?
Thanks in advance.
Drew.

On the startup screen I have a slider that I slide to the left, it shows a satellite, turn off indoors, took a pic of screen but don't seem to be able to attach it?!

Glad you found it, Drew; it's an important one, I've heard about lots of nasty drifts if you fly indoor with GPS on! Not impressed with your supplier advising that.

The greyed-out icon would have been the infrared altitude sensor symbol. When it's right on the ground, it's too close for that to function properly. Looks like a little Breeze with a signal coming out of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annamiller