Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi there from Bavaria

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Stefan.
I fly several Aircrafts and drones in the past even Helicopters and most of them via FPV systems.
I started in 1998 as a Pioneer in FPV, where FPV was unknown from the most of the guy’s.
I developed the crazy idea to rework a small Video Babyphone, i found at a local hardwarestore for cheap.
I started with that video Babyphone with a integrated 2,5“ video display, i freed from it‘s cover and reuse it as
My first FPV system in my fuel engine driven Helicopter from Century Heli in USA.
The video out was changed over to a relatively cheap 5“Video LCD Screen i found, what i mounted in a selfmade cover on my Robbe FC16.
This RC System was running at 35 MHz, in that timeline only for Modellaircrafts here, but it must be payed with a Fee.
The Babyphone was a 1,2 GHz Analog Videosystem and working with 12V.(4xaa batteries) ca. 12 min.
My Maiden flight via Display for me was a blast, but it ended up with a horrible Crash of my Helicopter in my own Car.
I was simply toooo brave, and forgot the fuel was good for 15 min, i bet everybody who fly fpv knows that situation.
-oooops battery empty - immediately no video than baaaam.
Than i had a longer break until about 2010 i began again to fly with quadcopters.
The first without fpv systems.

the last years i must accept, i be now too old in my reactions for real high speed flights between trees and bushes,
because i crashed my copters several times while too slow reacted.
3 years ago i helped out our local farmers to search fawns before they mowing and we appears we found all but missed one,
It was cutted in parts by a huge Mower 10 m aside myself.
That was on that Day my intension, i changed over to save the fawns via Thermalcopters.
No matter the cost, i sweared this should never be happen again in my Areal.

I‘m not that good in coding, but i have deeper knowledge in Electronics and Ham ( Amateur Radio)
so lots of my things will be made at myself.
But I learned also in the past, it is not allway‘s the best idea to reinvent the wheel from scratch,
It is better to start interactions between coders and electricians to solve unrealistic appearance needs.

Welcome to YuneecPilots Stephan!

I think I know just the place for you to dig into here on YuneecPilots. This thread sounds like it would be right in line with your interests Typhoon H 480 PX4 v1.10 (Stability issues ;-)

The thread is about 12 pages long now and has some great information that you will find very interesting. The major contributors to that project are @Pöllö from Finland and @h-elsner a fellow Bavarian.

Reactions: ZCS and Schteffl
Bonjour, je m'appelle Stéphane.
J'ai piloté plusieurs avions et drones dans le passé, même des hélicoptères et la plupart via des systèmes FPV.
J'ai commencé en 1998 en tant que pionnier du FPV, où le FPV était inconnu de la plupart des gars.
J'ai développé l'idée folle de retravailler un petit Video Babyphone, que j'ai trouvé dans une quincaillerie locale pour pas cher.
J'ai commencé avec ce Babyphone vidéo avec un écran vidéo intégré de 2,5", je l'ai libéré de sa couverture et je l'ai réutilisé comme
Mon premier système FPV dans mon hélicoptère à moteur à essence de Century Heli aux États-Unis.
La sortie vidéo a été remplacée par un écran LCD vidéo 5" relativement bon marché que j'ai trouvé, ce que j'ai monté dans une housse faite maison sur mon Robbe FC16.
Ce système RC fonctionnait à 35 MHz, dans cette chronologie uniquement pour Modellaircrafts ici, mais il doit être payé avec des frais.
Le Babyphone était un système vidéo analogique à 1,2 GHz et fonctionnait avec 12V. (4 piles xaa) ca. 12 minutes
Mon vol inaugural via Display a été pour moi une explosion, mais il s'est terminé par un horrible crash de mon hélicoptère dans ma propre voiture.
J'étais tout simplement trop courageux et j'ai oublié que le carburant était bon pendant 15 minutes, je parie que tous ceux qui volent en fpv connaissent cette situation.
-oooops batterie vide - immédiatement pas de vidéo que baaaam.
Ensuite, j'ai eu une pause plus longue jusqu'en 2010 environ, j'ai recommencé à voler avec des quadricoptères.
Le premier sans systèmes fpv.

les dernières années je dois accepter, je suis maintenant trop vieux dans mes réactions pour de vrais vols à grande vitesse entre arbres et buissons,
parce que j'ai écrasé mes hélicoptères plusieurs fois alors que je réagissais trop lentement.
Il y a 3 ans, j'ai aidé nos agriculteurs locaux à rechercher les faons avant de les tondre et nous semblons en avoir trouvé un, sauf un,
Il a été coupé en morceaux par une énorme tondeuse à 10 m de côté de moi-même.
C'était ce jour-là mon intention, j'ai changé pour sauver les faons via Thermalcopters.
Peu importe le prix, j'ai juré que cela ne devrait plus jamais se reproduire dans mon Areal.

Je ne suis pas très bon en codage, mais j'ai des connaissances plus approfondies en électronique et en jambon (radio amateur)
donc beaucoup de mes choses seront faites moi-même.
Mais j'ai appris aussi dans le passé, ce n'est pas toujours la meilleure idée de réinventer la roue à partir de zéro,
Il est préférable de démarrer des interactions entre codeurs et électriciens pour résoudre des besoins d'apparence irréalistes.
bienvenue

Reactions: ZCS and Schteffl
Welcome and you certainly won't have any problems finding beautiful places to fly where you are.😊

Reactions: ZCS
I know i know, i have all nieghbouhood ( mostly farmers) on my side.
They allow me a lot of things to be tested.

Reactions: ZCS
Hi, My name is Stefan.
I fly several Aircrafts and drones in the past even Helicopters and most of them via FPV systems.
I started in 1998 as a Pioneer in FPV, where FPV was unknown from the most of the guy’s.
I developed the crazy idea to rework a small Video Babyphone, i found at a local hardwarestore for cheap.
I started with that video Babyphone with a integrated 2,5“ video display, i freed from it‘s cover and reuse it as
My first FPV system in my fuel engine driven Helicopter from Century Heli in USA.
The video out was changed over to a relatively cheap 5“Video LCD Screen i found, what i mounted in a selfmade cover on my Robbe FC16.
This RC System was running at 35 MHz, in that timeline only for Modellaircrafts here, but it must be payed with a Fee.
The Babyphone was a 1,2 GHz Analog Videosystem and working with 12V.(4xaa batteries) ca. 12 min.
My Maiden flight via Display for me was a blast, but it ended up with a horrible Crash of my Helicopter in my own Car.
I was simply toooo brave, and forgot the fuel was good for 15 min, i bet everybody who fly fpv knows that situation.
-oooops battery empty - immediately no video than baaaam.
Than i had a longer break until about 2010 i began again to fly with quadcopters.
The first without fpv systems.

the last years i must accept, i be now too old in my reactions for real high speed flights between trees and bushes,
because i crashed my copters several times while too slow reacted.
3 years ago i helped out our local farmers to search fawns before they mowing and we appears we found all but missed one,
It was cutted in parts by a huge Mower 10 m aside myself.
That was on that Day my intension, i changed over to save the fawns via Thermalcopters.
No matter the cost, i sweared this should never be happen again in my Areal.

I‘m not that good in coding, but i have deeper knowledge in Electronics and Ham ( Amateur Radio)
so lots of my things will be made at myself.
But I learned also in the past, it is not allway‘s the best idea to reinvent the wheel from scratch,
It is better to start interactions between coders and electricians to solve unrealistic appearance needs.
Steffy du bißt willkommen . 👍

Reactions: Peter b

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis