Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hiking in Camp Nelson

That is so F'n cool... impressive performance at that altitude as well... as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a total geology geek. :)

Reactions: TomC9000
I usually skip thru longer videos. Not this one. The views are spectacular and you did a nice job of flying and editing.

Thanks guys! Just a beginner, but I'm trying. A Steve Carr, what do you consider a long video, anything over 3 minutes?

Thanks guys! Just a beginner, but I'm trying. A Steve Carr, what do you consider a long video, anything over 3 minutes?
Yes. It all depends on the target audience. When I edit for general distribution, 2 min max is best and you have to keep each segment 3-10 seconds. It's much more time consuming to make a short video from 40 min of footage. It's hard to cut out all that great stuff.....:) So hard, in fact, that most of mine still end up at closer to 3 min.
If you have a target audience who has a direct interest in the subject, then longer works fine. (Or if you are creating a story video which holds interest.)

Yes. It all depends on the target audience. When I edit for general distribution, 2 min max is best and you have to keep each segment 3-10 seconds. It's much more time consuming to make a short video from 40 min of footage. It's hard to cut out all that great stuff.....:) So hard, in fact, that most of mine still end up at closer to 3 min.
If you have a target audience who has a direct interest in the subject, then longer works fine. (Or if you are creating a story video which holds interest.)
For everything that I've read, the two to three minute is the best, but never more than 4 minutes, and also the short clips(segments) for sure. I have notice on my Youtube that the longer ones don't get watched as much as the short ones. Not really after any audience, just like doing them. Like you said Steve, cutting stuff out is so hard!

I think my longest video was about 5 min. The target was specific but international (on Facebook). The last time I checked It had several thousand shares and over 50k views. And it wasn't very good, honestly. It was simply the subject matter not the quality.

The longest video I've produced was about 10 minutes long. That was a couple of years ago. The videos that I produce now usually range in time from around 1:30 to around 3:30.

Sometimes it is difficult to edit footage out, particularly if the source footage has been shot at a very interesting site, but edit it out is a must if i'm not to bore my audience. As mentioned above, longer videos can tend to cause the viewer to just skip through or not click on it at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn