Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hitchy video from my H

It’s probably your Mac. Most macs cannot edit 4K in fact most pcs cannot either. There are 2 things to try.
1, edit in proxy which creates a 720 copy of the original files, you then finish editing the video and render it out to 4K which takes the original files to render. Youtube has lots of videos on proxy editing. I use it and it works well
2, upload the raw video to YouTube and see if it is glitchy then.
If it is glitchy it’s your card. If it is not glitchy it’s your Mac and you will need to proxy edit or spend thousands on a new machine.
Hope that helps.

It’s probably your Mac. Most macs cannot edit 4K in fact most pcs cannot either. There are 2 things to try.
1, edit in proxy which creates a 720 copy of the original files, you then finish editing the video and render it out to 4K which takes the original files to render. Youtube has lots of videos on proxy editing. I use it and it works well
2, upload the raw video to YouTube and see if it is glitchy then.
If it is glitchy it’s your card. If it is not glitchy it’s your Mac and you will need to proxy edit or spend thousands on a new machine.
Hope that helps.

Working in proxy is a common workflow when dealing with 4k files and this is also common with R3D (red dragon)

PR allows you to edited in proxy and automatically render in 4k during the final container media output, whereas FCP(x) you have to switch to original when wrapping the file for rendering.

Download the files into a separate external HD, always free up your internal HD from media files (and reset your pRAM if you have an older MAC this practice is not a Mac or a PC thing it’s a file thing)

MAC: You can upgrade or add RAMs to your machine and If you are running on 2009 NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 you can upgrade to Titan XP to save you some $$$$ but do check for compatibility.

OT: However, majority of civil engineering and animation platforms such as AutoCAD softwares and 3D MAYA to name a couple can slow down a Mac even though if you have the latest and the greatest, thus, switch over to bootcamp for sequence editing.

@Peggy It depends on the specs of your Mac. I have no problem with 4K video in Final Cut Pro X 10.4.4

My specs are:
iMac 5K 27" (2017)
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
40 GB RAM
Radeon Pro 580 8GB VRAM
500 GB SSD boot drive
External redundant array storage (max 64TB)

@Peggy It depends on the specs of your Mac. I have no problem with 4K video in Final Cut Pro X 10.4.4

My specs are:
iMac 5K 27" (2017)
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
40 GB RAM
Radeon Pro 580 8GB VRAM
500 GB SSD boot drive
External redundant array storage (max 64TB)

Those specs are great. Mac is still the best choice for media.

I’ll simply say that 98 times out of 100 klunky 4k playbacks have been caused by slow computers or devices not capable of dealing with the increased data.

Much,much too often those stepping up to 4k imagery have been under the impression that everything that goes into UHD video is done at the camera. Far from it, everything that will be involved, SD cards, monitors, computers, graphics cards, external storage devices, processing programs, and TV’s have to be stepped up to deal with it. A 4k camera will shoot it but if everything else isn’t capable you won’t play it.

I’ll simply say that 98 times out of 100 klunky 4k playbacks have been caused by slow computers or devices not capable of dealing with the increased data.

And at times it’s the wrong conversion.

I think we can agree that most of the issues fall into a failure to understand the full scope of what’s involved to make effective use of 4k imagery. Simply buying a 4k camera will not be enough when everything else is not up to the task. “Everything else” includes the users.[emoji6]

I had same issue, bought 64 gb. The big difference and what matters is how fast is the speed of the SD card. Mine is 95 mb and my videos are great now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis