Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How can I stop the H3 from drifting while hovering?

Hold on to stable hover with sticks for some time to do live IMU&PID calibration.

When I take off and hover at a low altitude, the H3 drifts a little to the right or left and it is not stable, how can I stop the drifting of the H3?
At what height are you experiencing this drift? Is it constant in the direction it starts drifting or does it only go a meter or two then drift back the other direction?

I believe the H3 software is based on the same as the H+ since it is basically an H+ with the L1 camera and the accelerometer calibration is password protected or non-existent to the end user.

If the drift is in a single direction then the suggestion by @h-elsner is very plausible to find the cause. It is most likely the right stick not returning to center null position. Evaluate in the Hardware Monitor by watching how well the display tracks the stick movements and if it returns to center each time.

The short answer is no, it didn't.

Before the possibility of arming the motors, FC checks the plausibility of all position and movement sensors. Only when all of them are in some synchronization you will get GPS ready. The FC has some automation in stability improvement which is used in flight.

So, the sensor calibration is a pilot obligation. ;)

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval