Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do you increase signal range/power?

Sorry I was looking for a power/signal add on... I have a 4 hawks antenna....but looking for better video quality when I get nearly out of sight..1/2 mile or 1 mile ruffley??

Sorry I was looking for a power/signal add on... I have a 4 hawks antenna....but looking for better video quality when I get nearly out of sight..1/2 mile or 1 mile ruffley??What direction is the aircraft facing when the video feed starts breaking up at that distance?
The 4Hawks is usually good for that distance.
Are there any obstacles like trees, hills, buildings in the line of site?
Is the aircraft facing any particular direction when the video feed starts stuttering, freezing, dropping out?

The video signal is very weak! I flew it yesterday and was loosing connection at less than 1000 ft. ? Nothing blocking transmission?

This leads me to suspect the cloverleaf antenna inside the C23. Although it could be the WiFi card in the ST16S, the cable between it and the outer connector on the ST16S, or the antenna mounted on the ground station. Any of those could be the culprit. If you are using the 4Hawks there is also the cable that connects it to the ST16S.

This leads me to suspect the cloverleaf antenna inside the C23. Although it could be the WiFi card in the ST16S, the cable between it and the outer connector on the ST16S, or the antenna mounted on the ground station. Any of those could be the culprit. If you are using the 4Hawks there is also the cable that connects it to the ST16S.
I will check to make sure the 16s is not the culprit. Thanks I will update tomorrow if not raining...

I will check to make sure the 16s is not the culprit. Thanks I will update tomorrow if not raining...
Are you using the 4Hawks antenna?

Yes I'm using the 4Hawks? I did a continuity check on antenna it checked out good. I have not had time to get it out again...hopefully this weekend!

Peace

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi