Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How many batteries do you have?

How many batteries do you have?

• Just one

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Two

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Three

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Four or more

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
A quick poll, and a quick question. How many batteries do you have, and what do you do about storing them and carrying them around?

5 and that is enough for me going to shoot a point of interest without the need for a charger...

3 I want one more.
I keep them at storage voltage, charge up the night before I am going to fly.
Keep the in the original foam case indoors.
I have a small foam cooler I keep them in at the field. Keeps them out of the sun and heat.

Four. Storage voltage in in LiPo bags. Charge them up the night before. I have an MC-Cases Case or Yuneec Soft Backpack I use when I go out.

Six. Balanced charged with Hitek X2 charger. Connected with Quadcam adapters. Cells voltage logged, Stored in Lipo bags within ammo boxes away from the house.

Eleven, I usually travel with 8, I've noticed according to my Graupner a much more sophisticated charger than the Yuneec (what isn't) that two of the batteries have serious issues with cell balance (could this be a reason for them dropping from the sky)...I'm no longer using those for flight. BTW I flew 5 batteries yesterday with latest firmware...very solid great flying testing various features.

Reactions: Brent
Eleven, I usually travel with 8, I've noticed according to my Graupner a much more sophisticated charger than the Yuneec (what isn't) that two of the batteries have serious issues with cell balance (could this be a reason for them dropping from the sky)...I'm no longer using those for flight. BTW I flew 5 batteries yesterday with latest firmware...very solid great flying testing various features.
I was so glad when I could hook my batteries up to a real charger, balance charge, and see each cells status.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

4, stock charger, charged the day before (usually), in original foam. I need more:).

Three battery's are put into storage voltage with a icharger 208b, then placed in individual lipo bags then placed into a disused cast iron log burner stove which still has a stainless flue chimney connected, and when transporting them in the car I place in large individual lipo bags, on long journeys I tend to put them in a ammo box including their lipo bags, and when walking with backpack there is no protection they just placed in the original supplied foam box in cut outs, hopefully if something went wrong with one of the lipo's I could get it of my back and quickly remove the contents to minimize any damage to myself and the TH, I most defiantly would not be carrying any puffy lipo's in the backpack for obvious fire risk.

I have 5 batteries 4 of which are stored at full capacity in my car parked in the sun with windows up wrapped in a blanket soaked in gasoline with 5th battery plugged into car adapter in a constant state of charging.
That's just the way you roll[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Markinter
I have 5 batteries 4 of which are stored at full capacity in my car parked in the sun with windows up wrapped in a blanket soaked in gasoline with 5th battery plugged into car adapter in a constant state of charging.

Don't go to New York right now;)

Reactions: Markinter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval